Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 02:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
565 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Greetings from LIRN, Italy

Started by vcimmino, May 01, 2010, 12:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vcimmino

Hi cockpit builders :-)

I thought that as many fellow builders are registered here (and in particular XOrionFE, ETomlin and Shaneb) I might have put my "hello" as well and introduce my own project. I'm Vince (38) and I live in Italy at Pompei near the Vesuvius Vulcano and Naples LIRN International Airport. I'm in computer and entertainment systems consulting for 15 years now and with passion for flight simulation since 2004.

I'm actually building a Learjet 45 that is somewhat in the middle of it's completion and in spare time I prototyped and made replica parts of some of the Learjet panels (proabably all of them will be replicated at the end). Some of those have been made in multiples for other builders in order to finance in part this very expensive hobby. My best aknoledge indeed is CNC parts making, somewhat I learnt from the very beginning about two years ago. Some background with CAD and a bit of designing experience helped me to make a bunch of parts (Panels, Knobs and other details), that are in part shown in the attached images.

Take care
Vince

Bob Reed

Welcome Vince. Very nice looking stuff you have there. I think there are a few people here that will like what you have!  :D I hope you enjoy your stay here!

jackpilot

Hello Vince...
Another crazy kid joining the Crew.!!
Good to see all this talent under the same roof.
Welcome here and keep on posting.
Jack

Jack

XOrionFE

Welcome Vince!

Glad to see you finally landed here.   

Vince has been my teacher and mentor in learning how to use my CNC over the past year and although when we started working together I was building the Lear 45 and have since switched to the Poseidon (737) I still love following his work over at Hangar45 and regularly hit him up with tutoring requests.   It was Vince that helped design my ISIS panel so I could cut it on my cnc.    He does absolutely incredible work including pcb design and fabrication.

Anyway....we are all lucky to have him over here....

Regards,
Scott

shaneb

Hey Vince,

You've been holding out on me . . that is the first time I've seen a photo of your FGC . . looks great!  Vince built the Radio Management Units (RMU's) for the Lear that I am building and they are truly a work of art.  He is currently working on a set of DU's for me and I am really looking forward to seeing his work in my build.   Vince is a very talented guy . . glad to see you landing over here Vince.    :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

ivar hestnes

Very good project you have there Vince. Looks really good. Also the parts that you make looks very PRO.
:)

vcimmino

Thank you all. Looks like my fans club came and helped me in the presentation :-P

I hope give my contribution to the forum. :-)

P.S: Shane you won't believe bul the FGC has been the very first part I completed for the cockpit back one and half and year ago. Anyway I'll have to make it again because the actual piece is about 0.2" larger then the real one.

shaneb

Looking forward to seeing the FGC and I bet you will be making a couple of EFIS panels too  . . .      :D
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Trevor Hale

Sorry I am a little late at getting to this, but I thought I would offer my welcomes as well.  Welcome to the group, and I am sure you will find the site useful. 

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ian@737ng.co.uk

welcome from me too........
been away on vacation giving it a bit of  :cheers: , but welcome anyway....
have a great day captain.......
regards ... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate