Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 12:38:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
18 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Network Issues

Started by iwik, December 23, 2018, 09:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwik

Guys,
Need help with a simple 3 pc network using just a switch and win 7 Pro and no internet access.
Problem:
    On two out of the three pc's it keeps asking for a User name and password . If this is entered then access is permitted. I have ticked box for it to be remembered but its no good.
All pc's can see all the others. I have even gone into Credential manager and made sure all
details are correct and Enterprise is listed as Persistent. Even ensured network sharing had password option turned off.
I just wish there was a way i could just turn off everything to do with passwords. I am the only one that uses the pc's.
Any help would be appreciated as this is P****** me off no end.
Les

navymustang

You can go into account setup and remove the password requirement on each machine.

Go to control panel, user accounts, select user accounts there, then select remove password.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

iwik

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply. I havent tried this as i thought you could not use a network without a
password. In the past if i set up my win 7 install and left the password blank then i could
not access the network. So assumed no password entered was equivalent to a  blank.
Will try that and see if im ok to access my network with your suggestion.
Les

iwik

Jim,
I tried that but all it gave me was access to the computer but upon trying to open shared
folder it said i did not have permission.
So i went into the registry and changed this to 0 to disable.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"LimitBlankPasswordUse"=dword:00000000

Now i can get access to all pc from all pc's.
Les

navymustang

wow - great find. I'll put that in my little black book of simulator secrets  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

iwik

By the way Jim, Merry Xmas and prosperous New Year.
One question i have: You no doubt have systems with networked pc's. When they are started
up do you have to log into each one? If not how did you do it.
As i said earlier i cannot access networked pc's when there is no passwords used.
Thanks
Les

Trevor Hale

If its windows 7, its an easy fix.

Use Registry Editor to turn on automatic logon, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type Regedt, and then press Enter.

Locate the following subkey in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Double-click the DefaultUserName entry, type your user name, and then click OK.
    Double-click the DefaultPassword entry, type your password, and then click OK.

If your account is an administrator account make AutoAdminlogon= 1   

Exit Registry Editor.

Restart your computer. You can now log on automatically.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

iwik

Thanks Trev,
It wont help me because when i use a password login even though i tell win 7 to remember
my details it simply wont. It would do it only on one of the 3 pc. So my fix overcomes this and
i just loath Win7 and it security crap.
Will remember your hint though .
Have a nice Xmas and safe and prosperous New Year.
Regards
Les

Trevor Hale

Les ,
If you edit through regedit, it will keep the information,  That's how I login to all my machines...
If it isn't then there is something wrong with your regedit..
In any case sorry it didn't work, I think that's the ticket though, doing it through the registry.
Merry Christmas my friend.
Trev

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

iwik

Thanks Trev,
Now you have peaked my curiosity, i will have to undo what i did and will try your suggestion.
Now dont drink and Fly this Christmas.
Les

Joe Lavery

Quote from: iwik on December 24, 2018, 07:00:09 PM
Thanks Trev,
Now you have peaked my curiosity, i will have to undo what i did and will try your suggestion.
Now dont drink and Fly this Christmas.
Les

Hey Les,

You're talking to Trev now, you might as well ask him not to breathe....  :idiot:

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

iwik

Joe,
There is always hope before the new Year.
Hope you had a good Xmas to.
les

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate