Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 06:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
522 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Intro

Started by sikshoota, June 21, 2010, 06:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sikshoota

Hello All
Just passing by this thread to introduce myself.
55yo Firefighter from Adelaide, South Australia.
Largely interested in WWII Warbirds.
Aircraft in general.
Enjoyed 'Warbirds over Wanaka' 2006 in NZ ...& will again in 2012
Simpit builder & simpit in use for the IL2 Sturmovik series.
I'll post some piccy's of my 'F4U Corsair' simpit in another forum in time.
See you in the forums from time to time.
S'
Sikshoota aka Sik

Boeing Skunk Works

Welcome to the site.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Kennair

Hey welcome Sik, good to see another Aussie here.  A Corsair should present a nice challenge for you.  Got a builder in Bunbury (DarrylH) doing an awesome Spitfire who may be able to offer assistance if you need it.

Go the Crow's, or perhaps the Power?

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

XOrionFE

Welcome

Ah...the F4U Corsair.   That happens to me my all time favorite warbird.   When I used to be into RC planes I built probably 4 or 5 of them.   I grew up watching Black Sheep Squadron as one of my favorite shows!

Would be great to see the pics.

Best regards,
Scott

sikshoota

Hello Gents
Thx for the welcomes...a quick response here from me then I'll put some shots up in the gallery.

Ken
Where are you from in Aus?
The Corsair project is 90% complete (my perspective) ...just gotta get my mits on some authentic looking WWII inst. guages ...either dummy/usb operational types (1st pref).
I just took a peek at DarrylH's Spitty ...WOW!!!  Thx for the heads up.
His work looks fantastic ...my simpit is nowhere near the standard of that beauty, however it'll do for me ...for now :)
As to the crows v the power ...well for many years now I've seen crows sit all over the power lines on the farm I came from so I spose the crows will always s.it on the power :)

Scott
Aha ...the Black Sheep, yep was a fav of mine too.

I must admit that in IL2 I fly mostly all of the A/C types & so sometimes my 'Hog' looks more like a B24 Liberator, P40, Bf-109 etc et al ...at least on screen ...but then we make our fav choice of representation.

OK ...off to the forums with some piccys.

S'
Sik

Kennair

Hi Sik, I'm in Perth.  There's about 4 of us h representing WA I think.  Darryl, Westozy, Wes and myself.  Not many of us but we're building some wicked stuff!  8)  If you need custom parts I can highly recommend Westozy at Aerosim Solutions

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Bob Reed

Hi Sik and welcome to the site! I just took a look at your pics.. Very nice indeed! Very nice looking shell.... You will find coming here was a mistake because now I can see that growing into a grand project! And I am sure there are plenty of folks here to cheer you on.......  ;)It's like steeping into a bottomless pit....  and yes you have taken the step so there will never be an end to it..... Poor soul.......

Trevor Hale

Hey Sik..

Welcome.  As everyone else has said, we hope you enjoy your stay here.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Aerosim Solutions

Hiya Sik and welcome,
Cheers for the rap Ken and like Ken says - Aerosim Solutions = Custom Flight simulator components including gauge faces, bezels etc - not a prob...

Cheers, Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate