Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 08:17:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
94 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 54
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3D ViewGroups help needed.

Started by sagrada737, May 11, 2021, 06:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hello All,

I am asking for some assistance from anyone that is currently using P3D ViewGroups with a three projector system on one computer.

I am using Pixelwix, which is identical to FlyElyse.  I am using one graphics card to feed my three projectors.  Thus far, I am successful in generating the .procalib files, and the ViewGroup.xml file.   But for the life of me, I can't seem to get these files setup and working correctly in P3D. 

I would really like to talk with someone that has the same kind of system as me, so that I might be able to get this working.

As a side note...  I am successful in generating the .fxml file for the flight file, which warps and blends correctly.  However, in using ViewGroups, I want to take advantage of the asymfrustums feature that allow greater efficiency in the warp and blend process.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

brianwilliamson

Mike, I am still one computer short, so I have not been able to run the sim.

I will see if I can get into what I have and let you know.

........Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

navymustang

Mike, I use FlyElise and with that package you do not need to modify the flight file. You load the viewgroup configuration in directly from FlyELise.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

sagrada737

Thanks for the comments guys...  I finally figured it out.  I had the ViewGroups.xml file in the wrong place.

I think I prefer using the .fxml file instead of ViewGroups.   Still testing however...

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

brianwilliamson

Good....I was going to suggest you download the FlyElise Immersive Calibration Pro Manual which should be similar but may help.

....Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate