Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:30:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
164 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Radios

Started by jskibo, July 16, 2010, 11:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

Looking to populate my pedestal now.  In search of some NAV / COM / ADF radios for it. 

Thanks,

John
Less than 4 years to retirement......

727737Nut

I have some on ebay under boeingsimfan
737 Junkie

jskibo

Thanks 727737Nut.  Sorry, guess I should have been more specific;

Looking for OpenCockpits or CPFlight USB COM / NAV / ADF radios.  Currently running a CP Flight Trasnponder EFIS and MCP, so would prefer them, but OC would be fine as well.

MLeavy737

Hello,
  I have some FDS USB radios for sale ifyour still interested?

Mike Leay
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

blueskydriver

edit
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

MLeavy737

That was fast!! I just posted in the classifieds forum.

Mike Leavy

matta757

Mike are you not building anymore?

ETomlin

Hey Matt

He stated in another post that he's got another project up right now and he's having to shift funding around. Hopefully not for too long! I know EXACTLY how that feels :-/
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

jskibo

Bought 2 COM and 2 NAV from Mike.  Now looking for ADF / Trans / ect, prefer FDS but can use OC radios as well.

MLeavy737

John,
Thanks again.. ill send them out tomorrow, no later than Friday!

BTW, i wouldnt even bother with an ADF, we dont even have them in CAL 737's.  Go with the Transponde though :) need that!

Mike Leavy

jskibo

Thanks!  No ADF?  Well awesome, that savings will cover half of my Seaplane rating at Traverse City this Spring :)

MLeavy737

That sounds like fun! always wanted to ty that. Good luck and enjoy it. hopefully you get to make use of the rating.

Yep, no ADF. no radio, no ADF approach plates for us. Airline flying is all about precision and safety. ADF dive and drive are about the worst in my opinion.  we dont even shoot true VOR approaches. Its all LNAV/VNAV constant rate of descent to MAP. Basically a FMS overlay.  The latest trend is RNAV/RNP approaches.

Mike Leavy

jackpilot

Ahhh..Sad!
You have been brainwashed Mike  :laugh:
You are cordially invited to a retraining camp here in high north latitudes where the only Navaid available is the offset local  AM radio antenna of C-U-LATER  after the fancy electronics screens froze solid.

Just joking,,  ;)

Jack

MLeavy737

Jack,
  I flew Steam gauge Lears and Falcon 50's for7-8 years, plus the thousands of hours of steam 421's, Barons, Archers etc.... That side of me is going nowhere.. I remember the 2 times a year i had recurrent sim training were the only times i ever did NDB approaches! I always though they were pretty simple. 

bring it Jack.. bring it! lol

Mike Leavy

jskibo

Halfway done with my Instrument and avoiding anything with a non-placarded NDB......

I could save more money if work would let me bring home a CDU, but I've been a successful as convincing my previous employer to let me bring home a 737 from the line.

Jack must be getting his Marshalling services from Polar Bears this time of year

jackpilot

Actually NDBs are progressively out since GPS Ap. are in.

Bears are temperamental and unreliable, Seals where available are more professional.
;D

Jack

MLeavy737

Jack is right though.. NDB are headed out and never let your basic  flying skills get so bad that you need automation and glass just to make it to your destination.

Works both ways though.. Had the FAA in the jumpseat few days ago. He also does some accident investigation stuff.. He was telling us about a guy flying a sirrus something and managed to loop it 3 times and spin it upside down into the ground. this guy put the autopilot on at 50' which there not certified for, kinda gives me a lack of confidence feeling.  ayhow with a certain combination of MCP button presses, MCP altitude selections, and all kinda of  mistrimming going on wount up in the dirt.  All he had to do was kick off the autopilot and fly it..

Mike Leavy

jskibo

Wow, I haven't reached that level of dumb yet :)

Only fly Steam Guage stuff myself.  Mostly old Warrior II's with a hodge podge panel.  Someday I will pay for Glass, but what I have found here is its 50% more per hour wet for 172 or Diamond Glass than the same in Steam.  About ready to just buy something old and IFR capable to build hours / take trips in.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate