Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:50:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
223 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 239
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Good Morning

Started by Scorch95, August 05, 2010, 05:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorch95

Good morning everyone, thought I'd post a typical introduction of myself. My name is Matt and I happened to find this page on accident when searching for prebuilt panels for fs9/x.  My goal is to end up with a B200 (or perhaps a Starship once the fsx plane is released) sim pit once all is said and done however I'm thinking I might need to start out with something a little more simple and then work my way up from there. I'm thinking maybe a simple Cessna panel. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a nice 737ng setup however I've always been drawn to the general aviation sector more than any other.  Anyways I'm sure I will learn quite a bit from just reading through the forums however I'm sure there will be things that will have to refer to the collected knowledge of the board and look forward to the build experience as I'm able to progress in time.

Matt

Bob Reed

Hi Matt. Welcome. The B200 is an awesome aircraft. Can fly low and slow or high and fast.. Can land on a 4000" runway yet has a ceiling 33000 feet! Gets you in to a lot of small airstrips! I chose it after a lot of looking around. My 737 build was taken apart when I moved and I just do not have the room to put it back together. I had settled on the Barron but then ran across the King. Anyway glad to have you aboard.

ETomlin

Yes Matt, it's a great aircraft and I love the King Air too. If you have any interest in the Learjet 45, we have loads of info on it (the entire airplane) and lots of parts are available via Hangar 45. I only mention it as it's considered General Aviation and it's pretty small too.

All the best
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Scorch95

After I looked through the gallery and saw the learjet pictures I started thinking there but I have time to decide. The big reason I thought of hte B200 is that my dad is a mechanic for fixed wing aircraft for his work and his specialty is coincidentally enough B200's with one brand new 350 just delivered last year. I have access for pictures and most manuals as well although I'm still trying to figure out what they will allow me to do in my quest for a replica panel lol.

Bob Reed

If you are looking for panels for the B200, I HIGHLY recommend  http://www.ruscool.co.nz/index.html They have bent over backwards working with me and done things I have not even asked! Price is good as well. Take a look and ask them questions, you will not be disappointed!

Scorch95

I did find them a couple of days ago and they are my primary choice since I saw the first photos. Do people tend to buy just panels or built with switches already?

Bob Reed

Quote from: Scorch95 on August 05, 2010, 08:03:16 AM
I did find them a couple of days ago and they are my primary choice since I saw the first photos. Do people tend to buy just panels or built with switches already?

Well I can't speak for most but I do not buy the switches and things as I have a lot of that stuff allready. So I am buying just the panels... But ask them qeustions, they will answer you.

ETomlin

Hey Bob

I know that Shane and myself are looking forward to seeing your products from Ruscool- very exciting.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

MLeavy737

Hi Matt, Welcome!
  Good choice on building something smaller, Im wishing i had that idea when i started.. Well i kinda did, first started with the idea of building a 777.. Now its a 737.. Either way, takes up too much room. Also, Turboprops are probably more complicated to fly than airliners from what i hear, never flew one though. Good luck on the build!!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Scorch95

I actually got a little more than 2 hours seat time in the FO position on a B200 today :) Although this B200 was slightly different than normal as it has -61 series turbines installed from Blackhawk Aero which are very nice if I may say so. http://www.blackhawk.aero/Products/XP61.aspx

Trevor Hale

Hi Scorch!  Sorry I am late Jumping in here, I have been away on Business.  Regardless welcome to the group, and I hope that even though you found the site by accident, that you will continue to be a part of this community.  Its good to have you.

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate