Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 09:18:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
543 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Greetings from Eugene Oregon

Started by mikesblack, August 13, 2010, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesblack

Hello All,

Great to be a part of this Sim community. Love this hobby and can't wait to actually get the Sim "flying".  This hobby sort of reacquaints me with my former career as an airline pilot. I flew 2 years out of Dublin with Aer Lingus on the SD 360 and finally Portland Oregon for Horizon in the Metro 3. Got married and decided to quit 15 years ago. Subsequently started a running store in Eugene and started building furniture from my home.

I'm currently building a 767 cockpit in my bedroom. Images up in the gallery. Learning quite a bit and I'm especially impressed by the work I've seen here and on other forums.

Guess my strengths are woodwork and general building and my less strong is programing. I have to figure out how to connect all these gauges, controls and switches I've been buying on EBay. I'm a "plug and play" guy and so have quite a load to learn.  Can't wait for my 757 Ace Yoke for which I have been waiting and waiting.  Looks like they do great work, so worth the wait I hope.

Anyway, look forward to conversing and exchanging ideas with you all.

All the best,
Mike

Fly_AB

Welcome Mike... to the world of sim building... :)

Arif

Bob Reed

Glad to have you here Mike. Sit back and relax...... Sit a spell....  :idiot:

MLeavy737

Welcome Mike!
  Nice looking project you have going there! Wood working skills always come in handy :) I think once you  dig a little into the software/hardware integration you'll see its not too bad.  Also plenty of wise people here to help you out along the way.. feel free to ask away

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate