Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
127 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Worldflight 2020 Recap...

Started by RayS, November 09, 2020, 08:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

With another Worldflight under our belts, I have to say that while we missed the full crew compliment, it was just as fun.

James and myself flew his 737-800 sim as "Alaska 705". Along the way we continually chased Kyle, flying as "Air Canada 638". We even heard Fred on a few legs!

We missed radio calls, bounced a few landings, tried to land at airports with missing runways, had a BSOD, and a few very painful issues that were crew-caused.

Regardless, we had a blast! And... More importantly, James and I are still close friends!

To those of you who dialed in to watch, those of you who donated, or even helped us troubleshoot, a big THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.

We made our goal (and then some!) of $2000 which will go towards the Tacoma General and Mary Bridge NICU units to help them fly critically ill newborn babies so they can get the medical attention they need.

It was a blast and we'd do it again!   

Ray Sotkiewicz

FredK

It was a different kind of WF for sure....

UAL1120 did log 12 flights. About half using a dual-manned cockpit with John Ziegler who is a local commercial pilot friend of mine. We did take precautions masking up 100% of the time and sanitized cockpit surfaces between flights. Such did not at all interfere with voice transmission and somewhat surprisingly was not as much an inconvenience as I thought it would be. 

Not too much drama to speak of.....a greased landing into KDEN due to a steep descent profile assigned to us, and problematic intermittent vPilot disconnect issues departing KDEN and AYPY.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

crazydunc

Quote from: FredK on November 10, 2020, 05:00:58 AMIt was a different kind of WF for sure....

UAL1120 did log 12 flights. About half using a dual-manned cockpit with John Ziegler who is a local commercial pilot friend of mine. We did take precautions masking up 100% of the time and sanitized cockpit surfaces between flights. Such did not at all interfere with voice transmission and somewhat surprisingly was not as much an inconvenience as I thought it would be. 

Not too much drama to speak of.....a greased landing into KDEN due to a steep descent profile assigned to us, and problematic intermittent vPilot disconnect issues departing KDEN and AYPY.

Fred K

Fred,

If it's the vPilot Host falling over on the visuals machine, I've written some software to automatically restart it when it does. More than happy to share if it would help.

It was awesome to hear you guys on frequency, NPT11W (Team Velocity UK) managed 30 legs before the UK Lockdown meant we lost our Accommodation and had to stop.

Looking forward to 2021!

Dunc
--<br />Dunc<br /><br />FDS 737NG

KyleH

Quote from: RayS on November 09, 2020, 08:56:23 PMJames and myself flew his 737-800 sim as "Alaska 705". Along the way we continually chased Kyle, flying as "Air Canada 638". We even heard Fred on a few legs! 

LOL. It always seemed to be that way. I was chasing Fred, and you were chasing me. Even when I departed 20 minutes behind you, I somehow managed to land ahead of you.  :)

I managed to do 16 flight myself, a few of them with my brother. I was pleased with my sim as it ran all day long for 3 or 4 flights in a row with no re-boots or anything required. Considering I just got it flyable on VATSIM the week before it was a great shakedown exercise.

It was an enjoyable week off work, though it doesn't compare to us all being together. Hope we can continue as normal next year.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

FredK

Quotef it's the vPilot Host falling over on the visuals machine, I've written some software to automatically restart it when it does. More than happy to share if it would help.

Duncan....Thanks for the offer, but I have something weird going on with vPilot that I cannot put my finger on.  It started doing this about 2-3 weeks ago....

What happens is that vPilot disconnects at the server with a message that I have been disconnected for prolonged inactivity.  The "prolonged inactivity" is bogus since in all cases I had been in a recent dialogue with a controller.  So when I then reconnect vPilot all visible planes start pulsing in and out of the view simultaneously every second or so.  It seems like the broadcast for aircraft depiction is trying to repeatedly connect but it never happens.  The only work-around I have found is to save the flight and reboot P3D.  Once I do that and I get all the avionics etc. stabilized I can then reconnect with vPilot without a problem.  Of course that is 5 minutes or so that I remain out of the loop on things.

I have never had this kind of problem prior to this. So I am stumped right now. It happens without warning (other than the server disconnect message). It is unrelated to scenery or aircraft depiction density. It happens with both Host/Voice and Host/No Voice.

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my woes here.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate