Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
142 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Progress Report

Started by Bob Reed, November 04, 2013, 02:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well we missed a leg. None of us could keep our eyes open any longer. We are learning some very important stuff for next year! The aircraft is now in preparation for it's next leg and some of the guys are getting some much needed sleep. The simulator is performing very well as long as the operators don't make mistakes... Did I mention we are learning some very valuable things about doing this? Or am I just repeating myself due to lack of sleep?  :huh:

Bob Reed

727737Nut

Seen allot of pc re-boots going on today.  What happened??

Rob
737 Junkie

blueskydriver

Hi Rob,

I think they reboot after each flight and have been doing maintenance a long the way; you know how fickle FSX can be...lol.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

727737Nut

2 of them I saw today was right in the middle of a flight not to long after t/o   Just curious.   Something I noticed after building 3 complex sims, the more you add the more chance for something to crop up.   
737 Junkie

blueskydriver

You're right about that Rob; the bigger, the not so better... I wasn't watching earlier today, but have been the last 5 hours or so, and I too noticed a few things.

Still, this being the first year for this type of event, I can see how the sim would have issues, but I'm sure fatigue is also playing into it already.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

727737Nut

Very true John, hopefully they can get it all ironed out.  Next year I want to be there! :)
737 Junkie

Bob Reed

Some of the issues you guys have witnessed are self inflicted.  Another issue we have encountered is there are few pilots staying at the facility and when issues crop up we have no pilots we can just grab. Scheduling is another issue we will deal with for next year. Someone told me the way we wanted to do the schedule probably would not work well but did I listen, no, our way sounded good to me. First year and we are learning. I made the statement this morning, "this is the most fun I have ever had being this stressed out!" and it is true!

Kennair

Speaking of issues and gremlins, our sim has performed flawlessly for the past 6 months during WF training along with customer flights, come Sydney departure for WF after just an hour FSX crashes!  Restarted and placed in the air only to have it crash again!  This occurred about 6 times until we took it offline, ditched the first route and I investigated things.  I found REX weather was causing sim crashes for some unknown but recent reason.  Loaded up FSGRW instead and its worked flawlessly for all future routes.  Go figure!  It's Windows!

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Bob Reed

Well after many problems and several missed legs I think we may be making some headway. We went into this event knowing we had mistakes to make and things to learn.. And brother, we are doing both! Lets see what the next couple of legs bring. 

ETomlin

As someone who was *there* (hi guys, missing you all) I can tell you firsthand that the Crew Leaders (Sam, Bob, Trev) have worked extremely diligently to minimize issue that are typical of a complex sim and I have no doubt that come this week next year not only will the current issues be held at-bay, but will be improved all around and considering this is the first event of this magnitude for this particular team, it has been awesome. Not without trials, but very awesome and FUN!

A huge thanks to Sam for hosting as well as to everyone else for their involvement because without the pilots, the routes wouldn't get flown.

Lastly, thanks to Sam's beautiful family for hosting and entertainment!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate