Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
134 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 134
Total: 135

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

News for the Wilco Airbus

Started by Trevor Hale, September 11, 2009, 06:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Simflight.com reports "Stephan Schäfer has sent in information regarding a peice of software by Eric Marciano.  This software provides a driver which allows the full integration of the Cockpitsonic MCDU into the Wilco Airbus (similar to the integration of the Engravity CDU into the PMDG 737).

Currently only Vol. 1 is supported, but according to his website Vol. 2 will follow with no additional charge. The interesting part about this is hidden in a small note at the end of the page.

Along with the driver comes an additional update for the Wilco Busses with several improvements. The driver will cost 95,- Euro for the MCDU drive.”

In addition to the MCDU integration, the installation of this module upgrades the Airbus aircrafts in a significant way. Many improvements and new features have been added to this module, which makes your Airbus aircraft much more powerful and pleasant to fly.

This global upgrade is described in details in the MCDU module documentation here.”
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

PittsburghLever

A word of warning (not wanting to be a spoil-sport): Even with the MCDU update, there are still some flaws (I would call fundamental) in the logic. For instance, once you have planned a route, the (T/D) is not recalculated if you modify, say, altitude constraints on points on either side of the (T/D).

I have given Eric examples of how this can occur. I am, obviously, hoping for an update that will solve that.
Thanks,
Boaz
KSEA

Loose money -- ask me how. I will gladly tell you.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate