Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:45:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
144 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

DirectX 9, 10 or 11 setups vs FSX, P3D or XPlane?

Started by blueskydriver, December 16, 2013, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

A while back someone posted about using DirectX (DX) 10 and how they found ways to fix the flashing scenery and other errors found in FSX. Does anyone know where that post or who the poster is? I am not sure on the title or wording to use for a search; although, I will continue searching for it...

Why? Well, because I'd like to see how my sim would perform with DX10, after fixing the problems associated with it. Also, I am wondering how or if the other programs (P3D or XPlane10) are capable to use DX10 or even DX11? Knowingly, DX11 is likely being used on most newer/modern computer systems and video cards, but with FSX you chose the DX mode (DX9 or DX10 only). Thus, does P3D allow or have this function? I am guessing XPlane10 is likely using DX11 already or I might be wrong on that guess because I think it's OpenGL...uh nevermind...I just found these link, give them a read:

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/system-requirements/

http://developer.x-plane.com/2009/11/directx-opengl-and-x-plane/

If you read that blog (second link), you likely noticed the date of November 11, 2009, so it's old yes, but apply that same line of thinking to XPlane10, which one is better DX or OpenGL, or do you really know which one you're using?

Finally, I feel it is important for those builders who are using FSX on a single computer with three video output devices (via video cards only or with TH2GO). Be it projectors or TVs, there should be some gains from DX10 I would think...IMHO.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

727737Nut

I have ALLOT of flying time  FSX in DX9 and DX10, P3D v2 and X-Plane 10.   They all have good points and bad points.  In my humble opinion P3D and X-plane are the future.  Wish we could combine the best of them both! :) 

Rob
737 Junkie

Kennair

Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

rhysb

Ben at laminar research also recommends the use of DX11 cards with Xplane. As Xplane uses features of DX11.

Rhys B
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

hexpope

Quote from: Kennair on December 16, 2013, 08:03:18 PM
Certainly P3D v2.0 is exclusively DX11.

Ken.

Yep, totally DX11, and my AMD card can now finally open it's doors to offer more horse power.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate