Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
76 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwik

Francois,
Starting to look very good. Keep the pics comming.
Les

blueskydriver

Hey Francois,

You're totally on the right track, keeping going and you'll most definitely get there!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

FSAddon_boss

Thanks for your cheering folks, I truly appreciate it.

Did some more work today, re-thinking the panel yet again. I also got more info on the actual measurements of a Baron cockpit. I was putting the panel up way too high it appears.

Also, I cut the old panel in half, and ,measured and cut the holes for the navigation equipment and radioes. Am putting in a Garmin 750 GTN (just bought the RealsimGear product) and a bunch of GoFlight modules.

The left part needs to be redone, because my monitor could not accommodate the proper size.
So now I decided to sacrifice my photo monitor (which is 27") to put the AirManager gauges on.
And I need to recut the left part, making it bigger to cover the monitor.

This will make the width of the cockpit slightly larger than the real one, but hey, I am old and will have enough trouble getting in and out already  ;D

I also changed the trial setup again. Done away with the second tv screen. Will concentrate on the panel and making it all work, before worrying about the display(s).

Have an issue with the yoke, but will put that in another thread!

Thnks for reading and watching my fumbling here  ;D  ;D
Best regards,
Francois
retired

MistyBlue

On hold flying for a little while till I can pull out my TQ and  figure out what caused my electrical burning smell.  Starting to save for a new TQ.  Jason, how's your CFY TQ working out? 

In the meantime, I spent the last couple weeks building a new free sim parts classified ad web site, but for more than just flight sim parts.  I won't advertise it here but if you're interested PM me or contact me through my site in my sig block.  I could use some help testing to work out the remaining kinks.

FSAddon_boss

Quote from: MistyBlue on November 20, 2021, 12:29:39 PMIn the meantime, I spent the last couple weeks building a new free sim parts classified ad web site, but for more than just flight sim parts.  I won't advertise it here but if you're interested PM me or contact me through my site in my sig block.  I could use some help testing to work out the remaining kinks.

Very nice website (AND simulator) indeed. Your sim career started the same as mine, sitting on the roof of Dd's car watching the Connies at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, back in 1957 or so.....
Best regards,
Francois
retired

MistyBlue

Quote from: FSAddon_boss on November 20, 2021, 12:43:16 PMVery nice website (AND simulator) indeed. Your sim career started the same as mine, sitting on the roof of Dd's car watching the Connies at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, back in 1957 or so.....

Thanks Francois!  I really hope it becomes useful to the community.

I wish I had been able to watch Connies come and go.  One of the most beautiful aircraft ever made, next to the Concorde maybe, which I was lucky enough to get to watch occasionally fly over the house from JFK.  I miss that.

Jason L

Quote from: MistyBlue on November 20, 2021, 12:29:39 PMOn hold flying for a little while till I can pull out my TQ and  figure out what caused my electrical burning smell.  Starting to save for a new TQ.  Jason, how's your CFY TQ working out? 

In the meantime, I spent the last couple weeks building a new free sim parts classified ad web site, but for more than just flight sim parts.  I won't advertise it here but if you're interested PM me or contact me through my site in my sig block.  I could use some help testing to work out the remaining kinks.

I'm happy with it in my basic testing but my sim is still a couple months off from being fully functional if I can keep focusing on it every weekend

FSAddon_boss

Made some more progress during the past week. Got the old GoFlight modules working on FSX, straight out of the box. On XPlane unfortunately they don't work yet..... seems like I have to program each one of them with SpadNext.

Also cut out new left half of the panel, new size for the larger monitor that I will use for the AirManager gauges.

Last but not least I added the new RealsimGear GTN 750 into the panel.

Alas, it doesn't work yet in any of my sims (FSX, XPlane, MSFS)..... for some reason it doesn't react to the touch .... the rotary knobs DO work....
Best regards,
Francois
retired

bernard S

blueskydriver

That's what I love about this site, you can have a GA small simulator project or a real jet fighter, and both are on the same level from the members point of view....

We have the same respect for each other like real pilots do; as in it doesn't matter what you fly, just that you fly. Or, doesn't matter what simulator you build, just that you build it.

Thanks for the pics guys, keep'em coming  8)

John

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Joe Lavery

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

FSAddon_boss

Best regards,
Francois
retired

sagrada737

Hey Bernard...   Great photo of your new arrival.  You are going to have a lot of fun working on that project!

Hopefully those ejection seats are disabled.
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

bernard S

yes sir  all explosives removed  but working with xxxxxxx  to remove seats for refurbishment which means canopies need be removed by experts as they will require adjustment  also xxxxx will rebuild them ..lucky me  Engines are poked but I have on storage will refit em along with afterburner cans etc today I worked on one of main gear wheels ready to fill with foam

bernard S

jackpilot

Jack

bernard S

I worked super hard today and I think I might have over done things I used a drill battery operated  would have been too much effort to use electric  put up a ladder and placed sign it was so tiring I gave up count on the metal screws  so I caved and watched Netflix

jackpilot

:D
Yep
Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again !

Good one Bernard.

Jack

Jason L

Life has done a good job of keeping me away from my sim, however this weekend got a lot of things done.  Updated my sim computers, took advantage of the sales and got a few more airports (why not right?).  But the biggest thing was getting my FDS board mounted on my MIP and the landing gear mounted as well.  Now, FINALLY this section is ready for wiring.

sagrada737

Jason,

Congratulations on the progress!  Building up a Sim indeed takes time, and incremental progress however small makes a difference.  Keep it up and you will be rewarded.

I noticed that the FDS SysCard has changed connectors.  The one that you have looks like it uses "push-in" type of connectors (green), similar to the Bodnar cards.  That will give you added flexibility, as the previous connectors needed special tools to add a wire(s).

Mike

Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Jason L

Quote from: sagrada737 on November 29, 2021, 03:19:14 AMJason,

Congratulations on the progress!  Building up a Sim indeed takes time, and incremental progress however small makes a difference.  Keep it up and you will be rewarded.

I noticed that the FDS SysCard has changed connectors.  The one that you have looks like it uses "push-in" type of connectors (green), similar to the Bodnar cards.  That will give you added flexibility, as the previous connectors needed special tools to add a wire(s).

Mike

They are removable from the board to reveal the pins.  They have a small screw on each post to tighten against the wire, so not quite push-in, but very similar.  FDS sent it with enough to cover about half of the pins, and wanted an ungodly amount for extras.  Took some research but found the same green connectors on digikey for a fraction of the price so I got the remainder there.

blueskydriver

Well, I got started on Fly-Elise and doing calibration pro now, should have visuals done again soon.

Pics are from NTHUSIM setup

Also, still redoing the back section....

John

sagrada737

Hi John,

From your photos, it looks as though you are off to a good start with your warping software.  Nice looking MIP!

Mike

RayS

Installed a new (Correct) fuel panel for the B1900. Now working on the (correct) overhead gauge panel.

I love eBay... I've purchased all sorts of genuine Beechcraft hardware it's not funny. So far been able to interface all of it.
Ray Sotkiewicz

blueskydriver

-Thanks Mike! Love too see some recent pics of your whole sim.... ;D

-Hey Ray, same for you buddy, love me some pics from you  :laugh:

-Everyone Else, please post some pics of your sim, be it full-size, desktop or even VR folks, for this first week of December 2021.

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate