Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
221 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 222
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

I'm looking for what looks like an impossible find!

Started by 727737Nut, March 09, 2011, 08:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

I want just the MIP for a 737NG , not the support structure.  Im tired up being RAPED by the weak dollar to euro and out of this galaxy shipping cost.
Unfortunately the fine folks at FDS don't have this available anymore.  I'm not rich, i just want the good old days when you could buy a signature series in NORTH AMERICA and not 2nd mortgage the home to get it.
I think i may just have to custom make my pnl and piece it together with various parts.  Sorry to rant, just bummed that nothing is made in the the USA.  LOL
Rob
737 Junkie

jskibo

Less than 4 years to retirement......

727737Nut

Quote from: jskibo on March 09, 2011, 09:21:46 AM
...also check with Gwyn at Aerosim Solutions

http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au/

Thanks but it doesn't solve the shipping issue or weak dollar conversion. :(
737 Junkie

jskibo

Aussie is not as bad against the US Zimbabwe'ish dollar, but there is shipping.  I would talk with Gwyn and see what he can do.  Perhaps a 3 piece version since you're going to have your own stand would work and cut the shipping by a magnitude.

just a thought, good luck in your search

Garys

"I'm not rich, i just want the good old days when you could buy a signature series in NORTH AMERICA and not 2nd mortgage the home to get it."

Im sorry that you cant afford to buy new but $1699.95 for a FDS PRO-MX mip with IBL panels is hardly breaking the bank.  Not throwing you in a stereotype here but most peope who cry poor probably spend twice that much on cigarettes or alchohol each year. Obviously each persons financial situation is different but complaining about having to get a second mortgage for such a low ticket item amongst guys ( "Braindead" in your very open opinion) that have spent big$$$ is not right. You have options, plenty of them, venting on this forum shouldnt be one of them.

Gary

727737Nut

You obviously don't know me! I have had a real 737, an fds shell that was a 727 using real, aka,expensive parts and 737 many parts from fds in early 2000s. Tens of thousands spent at aphs! Well this time around I'm on a VERY tight budget. My wife and make well over 100k and have only one little house payment! Money is not a problem. Its called priorities! Now I take my kids on vacations, my wife and I go to exotic locations as well. I never did this before because I put myself and my sims ahead of my family! So pardon me if I offended you in any way. To each his own.
737 Junkie

Garys

I know who you are Rob, but you have been breaking this record for years now. Glad to hear that you are living good again. Its the way life should be.

Gary

Sean

Have you asked FDS if they can sell you just the parts you want?

fsaviator

Just another thought...

How about a vacation to Canada!  That along with a UHAUL trailer and shipping solved!

I hear your pain on Shipping and the Euro conversion.  It was almost the tipping point for me not buying the Rev-Sim throttle.

Are you looking for a complete MIP (wired and setup to go, software etc)?

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jackpilot

Quote from: 727737Nut on March 09, 2011, 08:35:40 AM
I want just the MIP for a 737NG ,/............./Sorry to rant, just bummed that nothing is made in the the USA.  LOL
Rob

Rob,
As far as I know US or Canadian made products can ship dutyfree both sides. As North Americans, we are fortunate to have local access to one of the best manufacturer, and for shipping, Toronto is no farther from Minneapolis than other parts of the US.
Besides, as Gary mentionned, the FDS MIP at CAD 1700 with IBLs and last generation structure is not exactly  expensive.

BTW, I figured that you were building a classic with your amazing gauges, (Nick has a lot of authentic Classic 73 panels available for a few hundred dollars, as you probably know.)
I'm pretty sure you will locate the right product at the right price anyway.
Keep us posted.
;)

Jack

Bob Reed

As far as $1700.00 not being a lot of money, well I guess that depends on who you are. $1700.00 is what I paid for the last car I bought which I am still driving (happily). $1700.00 is huge amount of money to me more than I have spent on my sim in 2 years and yes I have bought a fare amount over the last few months.

jskibo

Quote from: jackpilot on March 10, 2011, 03:58:23 AM
Quote from: 727737Nut on March 09, 2011, 08:35:40 AM
I want just the MIP for a 737NG ,/............./Sorry to rant, just bummed that nothing is made in the the USA.  LOL
Rob

Rob,
As far as I know US or Canadian made products can ship dutyfree both sides. As North Americans, we are fortunate to have local access to one of the best manufacturer, and for shipping, Toronto is no farther from Minneapolis than other parts of the US.
Besides, as Gary mentionned, the FDS MIP at CAD 1700 with IBLs and last generation structure is not exactly  expensive.

BTW, I figured that you were building a classic with your amazing gauges, (Nick has a lot of authentic Classic 73 panels available for a few hundred dollars, as you probably know.)
I'm pretty sure you will locate the right product at the right price anyway.
Keep us posted.
;)

Almost correct.....  On the MIP / GLARE / CDU shipment the customs broker hit me with a $77 bill, $75 for paperwork and $2 for the duty :)

On my Rev Sim TQ, which was half the cost, UPS stuck their hand in my pocket for $68 before they would let me bring it inside the door.

YMMV

jackpilot

Agreed Bob, 100%
I just said that this item was worth its price.
As Rob said it..matter of budget priorities.

Jack

Bob Reed

Oh yes I was not trying to say it was not worth it just way out of my budget.

Garys

Its all relative Bob. There isnt a single person here who has the cash up front to go and purchase some of the great simulators that we are seeing. Its all piece work. Its the same for everybody and some can aford more than others. You need to look at what your buying for that $1700 and not just look at the dollar value. In Robs case, he admitted he lives a pretty good life yet is probably the most vocal person against the current state of sim prices especially against a product at $1700 that is exceptional value and I think we are blessed that we are able to buy items at the prices they are. I work on these things for a living,  its my career and I can tell you first hand that and you couldnt buy a single lightplate for that. Penny Pinching is a persoanl choice and rants such as the first dont belong in the forum.

Gary

Bob Reed

Quote from: Garys on March 10, 2011, 04:32:30 AM
Its all relative Bob. There isnt a single person here who has the cash up front to go and purchase some of the great simulators that we are seeing. Its all piece work. Its the same for everybody and some can aford more than others. You need to look at what your buying for that $1700 and not just look at the dollar value. In Robs case, he admitted he lives a pretty good life yet is probably the most vocal person against the current state of sim prices especially against a product at $1700 that is exceptional value and I think we are blessed that we are able to buy items at the prices they are. I work on these things for a living,  its my career and I can tell you first hand that and you couldnt buy a single lightplate for that. Penny Pinching is a persoanl choice and rants such as the first dont belong in the forum.

Gary

Well I too have ranted loud and long about the cost involved in this hobby. Some of the pricing is nuts. And I do think that kind of rant belongs just as much here as the one that states how well priced things are, you are right it is ll a matter of what the individual thinks.

jackpilot

Quote from: jskibo on March 10, 2011, 04:16:47 AM

Almost correct.....  On the MIP / GLARE / CDU shipment the customs broker hit me with a $77 bill, $75 for paperwork and $2 for the duty :)

On my Rev Sim TQ, which was half the cost, UPS stuck their hand in my pocket for $68 before they would let me bring it inside the door.

YMMV
Even if I buy intra Canada I usually combine  my purchases with a visit to "simmer's Heaven" and what I can stuff in my station wagon is amazing!, five hours each way but worth it. Depending on your location, it may be a way to avoid the custom vultures!! :D

Jack

Bob Reed

Living that close to FDS could be bad for ones bank account!! But really is the way to do it if you are close enough. Of course with the price of fuel gong up the way it is we all know the cost of shipping will follow!

jskibo

Quote from: jackpilot on March 10, 2011, 04:41:52 AM
Quote from: jskibo on March 10, 2011, 04:16:47 AM

YMMV
Even if I buy intra Canada I usually combine  my purchases with a visit to "simmer's Heaven" and what I can stuff in my station wagon is amazing!, five hours each way but worth it. Depending on your location, it may be a way to avoid the custom vultures!! :D

Yeah Jack I hear ya and being in Western Michigan now I'm really not that far away, but I drive a Land Rover Disco that gets the same mileage as an M1A2 Abrams tank so I'm often leary of long trips.  Not to mention the cost of shoeshoes (should I break down) and pepper spray to ward of the Polar bears up there  8)

Someday though I would like to visit the igloo that Peter and Steve build these things in :)

jackpilot

That's why I drive a WV !    :laugh:
Anyway this was a great blatant"high-jacking" of Rob's post

..at least we know it, and this is what this forum is all about!....Fun and Friends.
Cheers guys.

Have to shovel some of the white stuff which fell from the roof!
:D

Jack

fordgt40

Europe is not much better off! When we purchase there is VAT of 20% added - the US gets the same products less the VAT plus your own import customs duty

When we purchase from the US we have to pay US prices plus VAT of 20% plus an import tax

So, I don`t think that the grasping governments are much different - we all suffer probably to an equal extent, plus the pound has dropped against the Euro as well as the dollar

So lets all feel sorry for ourselves shall we  :'(

David

727737Nut

I know it goes both ways when buying  ;)

Also, I fully agree FDS stuff and many others are very high quality for their price and I wish I could get them.  I am going to get their CDU and maybe the MCP.  I have to pick and choose where to dump the money.  In my .02 it is not the MIP. 

It's at a point now where the aftermarket stuff is almost as much as the real stuff. Yes i know the real stuff is older models but hey, it's the real thing!

Jack, I had to do some serious re-thinking. See my son wants to be a pilot so i really need him training and flying a glass pit since that is what he will see when he goes to the real thing.

It's just not an option at this time for me as I also want to get back to flying the real airplanes!  ;)

Talk about expensive, but fun! 

Back to the MIP, i have some options, locally have it cut for me, make my own.  I know, get busy!! :D

737 Junkie

Garys

Seeing the recent picture of your son with a smile from ear to ear its a great career choice. You could also build a very simple and cheap MIP 787 style. Lots of cheap monitors out their, plenty of glass and the way of the future.

fdspcos

I vote with Sean. Why not email FDS and ask? All sorts of bits and pieces around the shop. As far as prices go, one thing I can say is, the longer I am in the business the better I understand the "real" cost of goods and knowing that, pricing correctly, means we are still here ten years later.
Looking back at Signature is looking back at a different product and in comparison to what we do today, not sure it's a target.
I find that folks buying our parts in bits and pieces end up in a pretty good place. At least you know that we sell in kit form to help and you know where you will end up. Look at any of our FBPTs and they are the same parts you are buying.
In Robs case, if I may, stopping and starting the hobby, selling off parts etc, switching aircraft, real nose, FDS shell etc, a lot lost doing that I think.
Sometimes "slow and steady" wins the race.
That is my motto at FDS when it comes to pushing forward.
My humble thoughts.
Peter Cos
Flightdeck Solutions

727737Nut

Peter,
I agree, I have been my own worst enemy/exspense.  Such is life at times and i play my cards that have been delt. That being said, I am most likely going the FDS route and slow and steady! :) Thanks and look forward to doing business with you.
Rob
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate