Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 10:05:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
709 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 709
Total: 709

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

DUAL CDU B737-800: ATTN M LEAVY!!!

Started by dharrison, May 22, 2011, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharrison

Mike,

Have another question for you about operation of the 737. When you have a route programmed into the CDU and are flying it. If you have CAPT CDU on the Legs page and FO CDU on the legs page as well (Same page 1/3 for example) do they have the same route info? IE is the active waypoint (highlighted one) the same? Just trying to understand some functionality. In reality I would think they would match and have all the same waypoints but we have some hunch that the FO's CDU displays something different on the legs page just can't find any reference to it.

Thanks,

Don

Maurice

That seems really odd Don. The CDUs are just glorified keyboards and have no smarts of their own so they should be showing the same information coming from the server.

I just tried it on my sim to confirm and when I load a route on the captain's CDU, the route is immediately exactly the same on the F.O. CDU. So, I think there is something strange going on at your end that is not related to SimA I would think since I also use SimA.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

dharrison

Cool,

Ok, we had the issue on two different routes. One with an arrival and one with an IAP. Both times the FO CDU started on the first waypoint of the ARR or IAP.

Very strange.

Can you try this route and see what you get?

ROCKI7 EKR SPANE5 with IAP ILS 34R starting at FFU?

Don

Maurice

What are the departure & arrival airports?

Maurice

dharrison

Maurice

OK, I read your post on Sim-A forum. I tried it and I ended up with these waypoints on the captain's CDU  - ZIMMR,RLG,EKR,FFU,PLAGE,ATANE, SCOER and a missed approach point of BESBE with a hold at OGD.

However, the F.O. CDU waypoints started at FFU. It looks like the departure SID did not transfer to the F.O. as far as I can see or understand. Seems very strange to me and I doubt that is a normal behaviour unless I am doing something wrong when I program the CDU, which a very real possibility  :)

Maurice

dharrison

We had similar.  but it seems that you are missing the entire arrival?  Did you load the SPANE5?

Full route in the legs page to the approach should be, ZIMMR.RLG.ERK.MTU.THISL.SPANE.BOGAY.FFU.(DRYVE).(CHHIP).We deleted the ones in parends, Then the approach, ILS34R .PLAGE.ATANE.SCOER.BESBE.

So full route once edited is, ZIMMR..RLG..ERK..MTU..THISL..SPANE..BOGAY..FFU..PLAGE..ATANE..SCOER..BESBE

Don

MLeavy737

Don,
  Simple answer to your question is yes. They will have same info displayed on both boxes. Like others have said. Think of the flight management system as one unit or system. The CA and FO CDU's are just two interfaces to the same single system.  Hope that helps.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate