Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
228 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cheap Curved Screen Set-up started w/Immersive Display Lite2

Started by 727737Nut, June 11, 2011, 06:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to update you with some pictures with my latest sim project. I started on my visuals and so far am very pleased with the progress.  So far I have less than 750.00 invested and that includes 2 projector's, cables, materials.   I will be getting 3rd projector in the next few months.
I can't say enough so far about how easy the software is to set-up and adjust and then to tell you that it cost only 58.00us would make me sound like a liar!! :)  I have NOT done any edge blending yet.  I'm waiting on version 1.8 to come out at the end of the month which will put a frown on everyone else in the sim world which bought someone else's much higher priced solution.
Specs to date:

4' by 16' screen    (24' soon)

Two Optoma HD70 projectors   (3rd soon)

Behr Silver screen paint

Matrox TH2GO  2560x720 mode

Please excuse the quality of the pics as there were taken with my cheap phone camera. The 'seem' you see is not the screens but 2 things, no edge blending yet and one pj has a new bulb and other is at 2500hrs!!  New bulb coming soon for that one! LOL

737 Junkie

Dan321

Drewsta

awsome:)  I could have sworn I was looking at my visual setup there for a second lol. Yours looks absolutely identical to mine. I too have Immersive lite 2 warping software and will be warping it all very shortly with 2 projectors. The 3rd projector needs to be returned as its faulty :(  I'll post some pics here too to compare and I'll think you fins they will look much the same :) Thanks for the post.

Drew

Nat Crea

Drewsta

See Nat..look what you have started! I got that visual design from you :) Well your earlier version.

The projector distance and warping is almost complete.]

cheers
Drew

727737Nut

Quote from: melnato on June 11, 2011, 08:26:18 PM
Nice work Rob!

Nice clouds and airport...FS9 or X?

Nat

Thanks!   It is FSX with REX at KIND which is my home airport.  I can't wait to get PJ #3!!

Rob
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate