Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:16:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
734 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 734
Total: 734

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

progress report

Started by jackpilot, June 18, 2011, 07:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

As you can see, it goes slow, I'm trying to keep the wiring tidy and color coded.
So many little things taking hours to set properly. Not because of the design which is great , very user friendly and easy to figure out, but because it takes time, period, even with the proper tooling.

Those of us who work on the same DSTD will probably agree with me, the Plug and Play, all included , fully interfaced and ready to fly  version is a bargain at $14K!
Do not want to start a debate here as I like the building exercise too, but  if you value the endless hours needed to get there I think it can be worth it! Just my opinion of course!  :D

Jack

shaneb

Hi Jack,

Looking good, nice to see the wiring start . . I like the loop you have made with the wire ties. Might need to copy that idea from you.      :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

Little square gizmo, self adhesive (strong) with two slots for the tie .... local electronics store.

Jack

jetpilot

I agree with you Jack.
I love my 737DSTD.
One thing that I love is that the different sections can be removed to be worked, and then can be reinstalled already ensambled
Roberto

Maurice

Beautiful work Jack. Wish I had your patience. My wiring looks like a spaghetti mess compared to yours.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

oh your bringing back memories Jack.  Yes, the prewired one from FDS is definitly a bargain.    I should have had them do my overhead.  Even with IBL there is still a LOT to wire and hookup.

I may be done by end of summer....

Looking great!

Scott

jackpilot

I was a little slow recently but IBLs are done:

Jack

Nat Crea

Beautiful work Jack!

Dont laugh..Im rewiring/tidying...again... :o

Nat

jackpilot

Thank you Nat
I wont laugh, I do all my soldering, heatshrink, tie wrap etc quietly and slowly, trying to make it as neat as possible, in fact the only advantage VS a Plug and Play all wired set is that I know the entrails of the beast and can fix it if needed.
All in all, good clean fun!

Jack

carlos hermida

Very nice Jack !
  We can see  that you have restarted a new sim in a very professional way looking for all the little details that will make a big difference when you finish it !  ;)

jackpilot

Have to share this...!  ::)

Jack

MLeavy737

Really looking great Jack! Reminds me of just how much more work i have to do!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

shaneb

Really looks good Jack!  I like the twisted wire . . very neat appearance.     :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Joe Lavery

Looks far too neat to me Jack.. ;)

Mine looks like someone emptied a trash can full of old cables.  ;D

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate