Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
209 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 355
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My New SIM project Input please!

Started by 727737Nut, November 04, 2011, 03:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Here are some pictures of the fleet I just bought.  3 Singer Link GAT-1 3axis motion GA flight simulators.  One is for parts and the other 2??????  I would like to keep one fairly stock but integrate FSX visuals or X-Plane 10 Visuals. 

The other one I plan to restore and either sell or donate to a museum.

The 3rd one is the big???  I was thinking of using the motion platform and doing a single seat Lear Jet or Glass GA aircraft yet to be determined.

What do you guys think? 

[smg id=220]

[smg id=221]

[smg id=222]

[smg id=223]
737 Junkie

blueskydriver

Damn Rob!

How did you find these? You're lucky! I have the 737 and 727 cockpits and yet, envy you... So, how much did you pay or which kid did you give up for these sims?

This will be interesting to watch you go with these.

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

727737Nut

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 04, 2011, 03:32:30 PM
Damn Rob!

How did you find these? You're lucky! I have the 737 and 727 cockpits and yet, envy you... So, how much did you pay or which kid did you give up for these sims?

This will be interesting to watch you go with these.

BSD

Thanks!  I paid 1500.00 for all 3 and 989.78 to ship them.  I should have them next friday or monday.  I feel like a little kid! LOL  MY worry is getting them into my basement! Going to be very very tight fit down the stairs!

Rob
737 Junkie

mikeh

as per the mycockpit.org pages - great project - I'm hear to help as you need - Mike
I plan to do a straight Cessna L150/152 into the museums 2nd tub (gat1 in blue white like yours) - but i reckon to replace the 3 motion motors with a set of pneumatic rams for motion. You only need about 2degrees of movement to make the body think its on the move even though the originals were limited to 10degrees by thick metal wire ropes attached  between tub and cast iron base ring
I have already done an upgrade to the Coventry (EGBE) sceneery which is where the museum is situated see hhttp://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/
MIke
ATR72 build project

727737Nut

Quote from: mikeh on November 05, 2011, 11:31:01 AM
as per the mycockpit.org pages - great project - I'm hear to help as you need - Mike
I plan to do a straight Cessna L150/152 into the museums 2nd tub (gat1 in blue white like yours) - but i reckon to replace the 3 motion motors with a set of pneumatic rams for motion. You only need about 2degrees of movement to make the body think its on the move even though the originals were limited to 10degrees by thick metal wire ropes attached  between tub and cast iron base ring
I have already done an upgrade to the Coventry (EGBE) sceneery which is where the museum is situated see hhttp://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/
MIke

Thanks Mike    Curious as to why you don't want to use the original motion motors?  Maybe with modern motor drivers?  As for the weight limit, i'm thinking of using the motion base from my parts unit to make another sim like a Lear Jet or Twin GA Pit on it.  Curious as to my weight limit on what It can handle.

Rob
737 Junkie

mikeh

The motion motors are V large and are fed by 3 high power transistor boards. (These are the boards that went faulty and due to no modern protection systems for the PSU's - killed the lot.
The PSU's are configured as a feedback group, if one fails short circuit (normal mode for power semiconductor devices), then chances are the feeding supply will be overstreched and cascade fail.
If there was ever going to be an area of unreliability it would be in this area - and especially worried about the cost (over here anyway) of the FET's etc. Some of the devices are now officially ''OBSOLETE-SCARCE" and prices are proportionately expensive.
By using 6 rams in a triple V configuration the boards can be fixed up once and since they will only drive small relays to control the air bleeds - I maintain 'in service' costs will go down. I can still use the current feedback pots to control the motion so the overall changes are small.
re the weight limit to use in another 'unbalanced' config - I will try and look at the motor specs and work out their 'thrust' potential
Mike
ATR72 build project

727737Nut

Understand your concern's Mike.  Thanks for checking into that for me!

Rob
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate