Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:06:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
210 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 211
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Looking for your input/ideas

Started by 727737Nut, December 30, 2011, 05:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

OK, here is the deal. I have a cool 3-DOF  motion system that I want to build a sim on.  Looking for idea's on what aircraft to build on it.  I have to keep weight and size in check so here some idea's.  Give me your honest thoughts and ideas.

Single seat 737 or any Boeing Jet for that matter

Dual seat Lear 45

Dual Seat Phenom 100

Dual seat 172, 182

Twin GA plane

Turbine Duke

Cub.

Other's???

I'm limited in width and weight but I want to fully enclose it and have the display attached and in front of windscreen  I'm looking at ALL factors here, parts availability, software, complexity (think weight) fun factor.

Thanks for your input!
Rob

737 Junkie

jackpilot

Rob,

What about building YOUR aircraft, you do not have to be slaved to anything flying out there,
Basically your decision has to be Jet or prop/turbine., Single/twin
The rest is up to your creative mind which obviously is plenty!!
Pick up the best of what,s available and mix it to make your own best design.
My 2 canadian cents.
Cheers and Happy new year.
Jack

Hey... what about a Cessna Caravan amphibian!! :D

Jack

blueskydriver

Rob you should do a heilo, you've done enough planes over the years...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

Helo would be cool.  After having been in your other working one I would recommend against a jet for sure.  Much better to have a smaller plane that can do a lot of maneuvering close to the ground so you can combine with great visuals, scenery, and the motion for the best immersion experience.  How about a Beaver?  Combine that with Orbx scenery and do some bush flying to really make use of the motion.   I will be over every other weekend to fly in it!!!  LOL

Scott

Bob Reed

I can recommend the King Air B200  :idiot: ;)

727737Nut

Quote from: XOrionFE on December 31, 2011, 04:39:39 AM
Helo would be cool.  After having been in your other working one I would recommend against a jet for sure.  Much better to have a smaller plane that can do a lot of maneuvering close to the ground so you can combine with great visuals, scenery, and the motion for the best immersion experience.  How about a Beaver?  Combine that with Orbx scenery and do some bush flying to really make use of the motion.   I will be over every other weekend to fly in it!!!  LOL

Scott

I actually like that idea allot as I got all that scenery for  Christmas.   Do you have a payware plane in mind?  The stock FSX Maule is pretty cool.

Rob
737 Junkie

shaneb

Orbx scenery and a small GA would be a lot of fun,  would have to be great with motion! 
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

XOrionFE

Quote from: 727737Nut on December 31, 2011, 07:11:53 AM

I actually like that idea allot as I got all that scenery for  Christmas.   Do you have a payware plane in mind?  The stock FSX Maule is pretty cool.

Rob

I have the Aerosoft Beaver X addon and it is really nice.  If doing a twin I would go for the Islander.  Both of these are awesome bush planes.

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate