Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:02:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
226 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 355
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 226
Total: 227

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Any programmers out there?

Started by 727737Nut, January 18, 2012, 07:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Hi All,
Well I am need of some help and or advice.  I am going to be using several phidget analog
-10/+10Vdc out cards to interface my gauges and motion system in my #2 GA Sim.  I need someone to make , or help me make a program to interface them with FSX and I will reimburse you for your time.  I have contacted Alan Dyer, Enrico, and one other source and never heard back from them after 2 weeks.  So I guess i am left to do this on my own here. I have no programming skill set other than SIOC. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Also what program language would be easiest? VB6, C, C+???
Thanks,
Rob
737 Junkie

MLeavy737

Rob,
  Im headed back from vacation tomorrow.  I have done some phidget/fsuipc programming before and would be willing to give you a hand. Well chat when i get back.

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

727737Nut

Quote from: MLeavy737 on January 18, 2012, 01:22:36 PM
Rob,
  Im headed back from vacation tomorrow.  I have done some phidget/fsuipc programming before and would be willing to give you a hand. Well chat when i get back.

Mike L

Ok, Sounds good mike.  Thanks
Rob
737 Junkie

diegov

Hi Rob,

I've worked quite a lot with phidgets and fsuipc. If you have sioc skills, i strongly suggest you give VB a try. That way you will be less dependant on a programmer.

It is actually not that hard and the benefits of learning are obvious. You can get fsuipc samples for VB from Pete Dowsons FSUIPC SDK and phidget analog samples for VB from the Phidgets website.

You can also download Visual Basic Express for FREE!!..

Give it a try and post when you are stuck.... and start with a simple hello world to get yourself familiar.

I written my stuff in C# and C++, so not to familiar with VB syntax off the top of my head, but it is definitely the easiest language to use, if you are not doing anything that requires complexity and speed.

Cheers
Diego

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate