Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 07:16:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
730 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 730
Total: 730

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FDS Shell and Backwall Complete

Started by XOrionFE, December 22, 2012, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Well, after a total tear down of the wood shell and rebuild using FDS shell and liners and a lot of construction including new Backwall which houses much of the sound system, power supply's, and distribution buses I am finally done.   The Backwall also integrates built in shelves for keyboards or books and charts.  It will also provide a place for mounting my FDS circuit breaker panels on the inside.  Vinyl decals add finishing touch...

Now to finish up my TQ which is nearing completion and install along with the pedestal and I'm back in business!

Scott

Maurice

Great job on the back wall and nice touch with the Boeing logo.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Wow that looks great Scott. And I see a little something in the foreground on pic #2!  ;)

sagrada737

Hey Scott,

Wonderful job on your cockpit setup - really impressive!!! 
The only thing you need now is to add a hangar for your 737 Captain's hat :-)

I like how well organized everything is laid out.  Nice job of planning - it shows!

Question:   How did you manage the AC power distribution?  Are you using a UPS, and if so how many watts does your sim system use?

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

sagrada737

One more thing Scott...   I possible, can you post a "video walk-around" your simulator so we can get a better look at the hardware install and organization?  Thanks.

Once again, great job!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Bob Reed

YOu want Scott to talk about his sim? Naaa never going to happen.... lol  ;D

Nat Crea

sagrada737

Hey Bob...  Scott always comes through...

Not only does Scott do a great job at anything sim related, but his video clips are extremely helpful and affirming that there really is some purpose to this crazy endeavor :-)

Mike

jskibo

Nice job Scott. Like the finish on the back wall

Less than 4 years to retirement......

Bob Reed

Quote from: sagrada737 on December 22, 2012, 03:10:27 PM
Hey Bob...  Scott always comes through...

Not only does Scott do a great job at anything sim related, but his video clips are extremely helpful and affirming that there really is some purpose to this crazy endeavor :-)

Mike

Yes Mike I know he does, that is why the lol and smiley face. Scott loves to talk about his sim and I love to hear him talk about it!

sluyt050

Quote from: XOrionFE on December 22, 2012, 01:37:17 PM
Well, after a total tear down of the wood shell and rebuild using FDS shell and liners and a lot of construction including new Backwall which houses much of the sound system, power supply's, and distribution buses I am finally done.   The Backwall also integrates built in shelves for keyboards or books and charts.  It will also provide a place for mounting my FDS circuit breaker panels on the inside.  Vinyl decals add finishing touch...

Now to finish up my TQ which is nearing completion and install along with the pedestal and I'm back in business!

Scott

Scott, congratulations, it looks really impressive!

I am not sure if I ever will arrive at level you are now but I am just starting so ....???
Anyway good to see that you chose for the Al FDS shell and lining. I am very impressed by the quality of their products too.

I understood that you are very satisfied with X-plane 64 bit and graphical performance with your present projectors. I suppose you will no longer investigate in/try-out the flat screen projection option.
I just started building a 3 x 90" flat screen projection setup at the moment. I still plan to use Fly-Elise warping software however for fine tuning the images since complete physical adjustment of the projectors is nearly impossible.
Edward

dharrison

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted but I have to say. I spent the evening with Scott in his sim yesterday. What a trip. X-plane is where it is at. As far as I can see FSX is DEAD!!!

We did two flights, SFO-LAX and LAX-PHX. Both were seamless except for the engine failure on approach into PHX. Handled well by the cockpit crew.

Scott,

Really great work all around and a pleasure to fly!

Don

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate