Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 10:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
731 Guests, 2 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 731
Total: 733

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Two more displays arrived....

Started by jskibo, January 23, 2013, 12:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

More displays arrived. Still dialing them in, but going to try a night flight.....

Having some issues getting three undocked to line up.  Tried the window maker file and I ended up with outside windows that needed to be rotated in.

Changed to 40 degree windows and had to zoom just past 1.0 to get them lined up, but now everything seems to close to me, though it does stay nicely aligned..  Guess I will tweak some more.

It did bring the old P3D machine to its knees.  At KDFW, 20% traffic, dream team airport I'm getting 6 on the ground. Older i7 though and dual GTX 285s that are being replaced Friday with a GTX680.  Need to bump the over lock for now and then grab an ivy bridge i5 and new MB soon.

Less than 4 years to retirement......

jskibo

Ack, been too long, forgot to set wideviewaspect=false to get stuff to work right on three screens

jskibo

Ok, all aligned

How do you put the focus on window 1 so the top three don't have the white ring around it?

Quick night flight

Approaching KSTL

blueskydriver

Go into views from the FSX menu line (Alt key) and at the very bottom of views you'll see or might see 4 blank spaces. Each space represents a window view and you'll see a checkmark by one of them. That checkmark represents which view is active and has the white outline, so you need to check the blank space that is for the background window 1 view.

Most times it is the very first one you need to check; however, go through each one so you'll know which one is which. By the way, once you do get it to the background view and not see the white outline box, and then if you click on any other window in front, you'll have to go back and change that checkmark again...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jskibo

goof2092

Inspirational!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mac bookpro, 4GB RAM, 2.4GHz Core i5, Mac OSX 10.6.8.
x-plane 10.25, sioc, uipcx, flywithLua, Teensyduino

co735

I'm curious as to the distance between the MIP and the TV's...i.e. say from the very front lip of the center portion glare wing to the center monitor.

I am setup  in a 6ft wide by 10ft space - with my MIP/Stand pretty much up against the wall and using 3 24" monitors for now (monitors aligned to the sit near the back end of the Engravity Desktop MIP) - this would be a pretty nice upgrade if I could get it to fit in the space I have!

Thanks,

Matt
**STILL building**

jskibo

Quote from: co735 on January 24, 2013, 11:22:35 AM
I'm curious as to the distance between the MIP and the TV's...i.e. say from the very front lip of the center portion glare wing to the center monitor.

I am setup  in a 6ft wide by 10ft space - with my MIP/Stand pretty much up against the wall and using 3 24" monitors for now (monitors aligned to the sit near the back end of the Engravity Desktop MIP) - this would be a pretty nice upgrade if I could get it to fit in the space I have!

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

My screens are against the front of my shell and its 36" to the center of the glare fron the glass on the screen.

John

co735

Thanks for this info...hmmmm - certainly got my wheels turning, might be able to make this work - side to side component would have to be examined but its all in the angle of the "monitors".

Certainly 3 60" would give more FOV/coverage than 3 24"!

Thanks again John.

Matt
**STILL building**

jskibo

Quote from: co735 on January 30, 2013, 05:15:18 AM
Thanks for this info...hmmmm - certainly got my wheels turning, might be able to make this work - side to side component would have to be examined but its all in the angle of the "monitors".

Certainly 3 60" would give more FOV/coverage than 3 24"!

Thanks again John.

Matt

I have mine angled I so they are just under 10ft width wise, and using a 150 FOV.  Of course two more would be perfect, but I'm sure Scott will beat me to that :)

XOrionFE

I tested what adding another on each side would be like with Mike when he was out.  We shifted the monitors to the left side.  It was pretty awesome and we both agreed it would be perfect.   The only thing is that I was running two off the one left side computer at 3840x1080 on X-Plane and I had to dial down some of the X-Plane rendering to keep the frame count up.    I am not even sure how this would work under FSX and Wideview setup but may need additional computers.  For the moment I am happy with the performance of my three and though nice to have the other two I just dont think the extra 2K is justified.   

Who knows....I have been known to change my mind :-)

Scott

jskibo

You're running i5-2500k's?

I would think you could just add one more PC, and have it run the afte visuals lef tand right?, that way your main views are all on their own PCs.. Never mind, that would work in FSX but not XP

I've downloaded OPUS to give it a try once I get one of the new boxes up and running.  Was going to try and run two screens off one PC and the center off another for now and see how well it works.  Right now I like the weather engine in OPUS with Rex textures, but that views thing is pissing me off as it resets my view on startup to the main screen and drops the undocked windows. I have to reload a saved flight right away to get them back.

Hoping to play with adjusting the views using OPuS to see what I can do with it   

barrykensett

Back to displays rather than germs, I am thinking of using two 47" HDTV screens in place of my two projectors. These would fill the windscreen panels although may need to be a bit further forward to get depth perception. As a future development another two screens on the side windows. Anyone any comments on this setup? I am currently building a stonking computer to handle this lot.
Bary
www.a320sim.com

jskibo

Nice work Barry!  Very nice sim.

I've always been afraid of two or four as it would seem to put the centerline on the bezel and thought I would lose alignment. You seem to have done ok with your two though.

XOrionFE

Ditto what John said.

Your A320 is awesome looking Barry.  Nice site.   Truly master craftsmanship.   

Scott

barrykensett

I have found in practise that the centreline is not an issue. Firstly with my projectors the screen is a bit forward of the window frame so it is possible to peer round the corner as in the real aircarft. I used to think that the centreline would be a problem but it really isn't as to avoid the crabbing effect I always shift the eyepoint to the side of the pilot flying, not much so it doesn't spoil it for the other pilot. Even if I leave it centred it is not really a problem because as in the real aircraft one always taxis off centreline to avoid bumping over the runway catseyes.
If I go to TV's the centreline is masked by the centre pillar; I may find it necessary to move the screns a bit forward but the TV's I have in mind have a very slim bezel (http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/47lm670t/lg-47lm670t) and I propose to use bezel compensation.
Hope this is going to be OK as it is a lot of money; I have not found projectors very satisfying. Might look OK in my photos but not so good when you get up close.
Thanks for the comments.
Barry
www.a320sim.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate