Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 02:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
708 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 743
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 708
Total: 708

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Aviod Warpalizer software (Resolved)

Started by Garys, April 19, 2013, 06:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garys

This post is an advisory to those currently considering purchasing warping software to stay clear of Univisual Technologies warpalizer software.

The reason is that as a gamer/enthusiast you are not eligible for any upgrades or improvements of the software. As the current Prepar3d and Xplane 10 simulators are constantly evolving, the next update of these simulators has no guarantee of working in warpalizer. As such, should it not work and you are faced looking at a black screen, you will have no option but to repurchase the warpalizer software. If your running a client/server application like many of us, this can indeed be extremely expensive with absolutely no end in sight. Not only is this cost prohibitive, but it also shows a lack of customer service/appreciation at the enthusiast level.

To the contrary, Nthusim and fly elise  offer free upgrades and improvements to the warping software and is a much better  prospective for those interested in purchasing warping software.

Gary

Nat Crea

Not into bashing companies( except SimRip :)), but Gary has point.
I remember last year, a particular build of XPlane broke Nthusim/Sol7.
Within days or week, Immersaview jumped on it and updated the software to
make it compatible. XPlane Inc certainly wasnt going to re-engineer to suit us.

I guess if your using FSX, your'e safe...the code wont change. P3D? Maybe...

Nat

Olav

Hi, I am Olav Sandnes and I work for, and I am being paid by, Univisual Technologies, the proud supplier of the Warpalizer software.

Everybody has the right to their own opinion but I want the information to be correct:

The Warpalizer software is protected by a dongle in each PC. May be over the top, but it gives the user the freedom to change computers whenever he or she wants.

All updates of the Warpalizer is free og charge.

Unfortuneately it might be required to change the dongle algorithms in connections with releases of new versions. In such cases, the dongle needs to be reprogrammed if the user wants to get the latest updates.  We do the reprogramming free of charge but the user has to cover the shipping cost.

Regards

Olav

NB: Please have a look at our new home page for our professional activities: www.warpalizer.com

Garys

What Olav has written is true for the commercial customers.  However what he has written is blatantly misleading and not true for the enthusiast unless they have had a change of policy in the last 24hrs.  As an enthusiast If you require reprogramming of the dongle it will cost €150 per dongle. Not exactly the cost of shipping, unless of course you live on Mars.

Again, If your in the market for warping software, the better perspective over the longer term  is with nthusim or fly elise. Not only to you get the latest updates and program enhancements free of charge, You can switch between any sim platform you like without incurring the cost of dongle reprogramming.

Gary

Quote from: Olav on April 20, 2013, 12:05:04 AM
Hi, I am Olav Sandnes and I work for, and I am being paid by, Univisual Technologies, the proud supplier of the Warpalizer software.

Everybody has the right to their own opinion but I want the information to be correct:

The Warpalizer software is protected by a dongle in each PC. May be over the top, but it gives the user the freedom to change computers whenever he or she wants.

All updates of the Warpalizer is free og charge.

Unfortuneately it might be required to change the dongle algorithms in connections with releases of new versions. In such cases, the dongle needs to be reprogrammed if the user wants to get the latest updates.  We do the reprogramming free of charge but the user has to cover the shipping cost.

Regards

Olav

NB: Please have a look at our new home page for our professional activities: www.warpalizer.com

Olav

Gary,
I am one of the founders of Univisual Technologies and I am the one that makes this kind of policy in the company, so I know what is correct.  If you are a gamer, the upgrade is free of charge, you only pay the shipment. Full stop.

The only explaination I might have for you is that our reseller in your area might have mistaken you for a professional customer. If that is the case I am very sorry and I understand that you are upset.

Since you have made the decission to use another warp and blend software you will no longer enjoying the Warpalizer software and I kindly ask you to return the dongle(s) and I will pay you back in full.

If you do not have my adress please drop me an email at: olav@warpalizer.com

Regards

Olav Sandnes

NB: For those of you enthusiasts that are considering Warpalizer please note that the latest version 3.0.1 supports both DirectX and OpenGL.  Version 3.0.1 also includes our latest functions: Deep Black Overlap and Auto Line Up.

HarryZ

There are always two sides to every story and this situation is no exception.

The private communication between Gary and I has  been ongoing for a number of days now.  While there has been some misunderstanding, I thought that my latest e-mail to him had cleared this issue up but obviously it had not.  I believe that Olav has clearly stated Univisual's policy in his posts and that the inaccuracy of the initial post has been rectified.

I always encourage people to call me, toll free, in order to avoid this kind of situation.

Harry

Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

Trevor Hale

I am happy to see a developer back their product and make things right. If what you guys claim is true I am happy Gary will get the outcome he desires.

Please continue to back up the products you supply and make thing right with the consumers.

We are a small group and success only comes from positive comments and good customer support.

Trev.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate