Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
733 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 733
Total: 734

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OpenCockpits FMC v1 + sioc + Prosim 737 + FSX = FAIL

Started by bratwurstdimsum, August 03, 2013, 06:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bratwurstdimsum

Hi again learned pilots,

:huh: It is with a significant amount of frustration and shame that I have to ask you all again for help.

I am having no issues getting my OC FMC v1 to talk to SIOC  3.7B1 and prosim 737 but I feel I must be missing something as when I load a default 737 aircraft the FMC seems to do its own thing and the inputs don't go to the default 737.  A real plus will be the NGX but lets crawl before we can fly!!

The problem manifests itself with two scenarios:

• If I use an old version of sioc, ie. 3.7B1 - the FMC seems to work (sioc tests and FMC user interface (ie the B/W menus on the FMC)) but I can't get it to "talk" to the 737
  • If I use an new version of sioc, ie. 4.4B1 - the FMC works on the sioc tests but when the UI comes up  nothing happens when I press the keys

I will post pictures of both scenarios.

bratwurstdimsum

Scenario 1:

Startup SIOC v4.4B1 - all good.

I use a very basic setup with only the FMC  - no other hardware attached.

SIOC is defined with a master=13,13,1,318
Davidsetup.txt is a basic config file from one of our forum members.

bratwurstdimsum

bratwurstdimsum

when I fire up FSX its the default orbit 737 at La Guardia, all appears good but then I cannot get any response from my FMC.  The menus don't work.  eg. pressing LSK1 on the FMC doesn't get me to the FMC menu

bratwurstdimsum

However, when you debug it with iocp console, the keys appear to be "working" there. (i.e. pressing the LSK1 on the FMC brings up:

2=56 - key
2=0 - key

on the IOCP console log.

I also get the same response on the SIOC Monitor

bratwurstdimsum

Scenario 2:

Startup SIOC v3.7B1 - all good. same setup... only the FMC

note the config file is different for this one - I use the prosim_mcp.txt one.   with the 4.4B1 neither the prosim_mcp.txt nor the davidsetup.txt work with v.3.7B1, the davidsetup.txt doesn't work but the prosim one does.

I then fire up PROSIM737 and the FMC client

and bingo - it works but the FMC menu changes this time.

bratwurstdimsum

This is my last post for stating the problem. 

For either scenario, I don't seem to get a response from the orbit 737. 

e.g. if I want to setup ACARS and enter in origin and destination I get a "Not Implemented" message when I press the LSK2

e.g.2 If I want to set up Setup pos init then DEP/ARR

<IDENT
POS INIT>
{Press DEP ARR button}

I don't seem to have any information readily available here... (see screenshot)

I have to admit I'm more used to setting up an Airbus to fly and not to used to doing the old 737 so if I'm doing something really wrong please let me know!  Perhaps if the setup looks okay to you all a list of "things to press" on the FMC to prove it works in FSX would be helpful.

Thanks as always

Jeff

Mink

Hi.
First of all if you are using ProSim you need the apu running before you can "use" the apu.

For conecting opencockpits modules, things to ProSim pls read this topic. there you will find in the first post a very good guide.
http://prosim737.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2668

Kresimir

bratwurstdimsum

Quote from: Mink on August 03, 2013, 09:13:20 PM
Hi.
First of all if you are using ProSim you need the apu running before you can "use" the apu.

For conecting opencockpits modules, things to ProSim pls read this topic. there you will find in the first post a very good guide.

Kresimir

Hi Mink, thanks for your help - sorry if I sound silly but I made no mention of using an APU are you saying I have to configure an APU in prosim in order to use the FMC?  Do I have to have any extra physical equipment connected to my PC?

Bob Reed

Prosim uses real 737 logic. If certain conditions are not met, things do not work. In other words you have to do things in the right order. 

wpslider

Quote from: bratwurstdimsum on August 04, 2013, 01:41:03 AM
Quote from: Mink on August 03, 2013, 09:13:20 PM
Hi.

Kresimir

Hi Mink, thanks for your help - sorry if I sound silly but I made no mention of using an APU are you saying I have to configure an APU in prosim in order to use the FMC?  Do I have to have any extra physical equipment connected to my PC?

No You don't need extra equipment. You can use prosim panel modules if you don't have the hardware.

You must first setup your route in the RTE page. You cannot enter anything in the DEP/ARR page if you don't have a route entered.

Here is a very simple tutorial for first steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ZI9DbtTfI

Prosim ACARS is not implemented yet.

regards

bratwurstdimsum

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your answers.  I think I might have misled you a bit.  The issue is not whether or not I can get access to certain menus or functionality within the FMC itself, this is merely a side effect I noticed.  My main issue is that what I type into the FMC is "out of sync"with what PDMG 737 and what the other stock 737 is doing.  Once SIOC 3.7B and prosim has fired up I have a proper functioning FMC but the information does not appear to be "going into" the 737 aircraft in FSX

If you look at the picture below, on the right, I have already entered in my POS INIT for Shenzhen airport (ZGGG) but when you look at the PDMG FMC, it has not registered the same information, nor do the displays or alignment lights reflect that the GPS is aligned.

Thanks for the tip on the APU though, I have fired the overhead and turned on the APU - didn't make a difference to the problem above :)

wpslider

Looks like your are using Prosim + PMDG!?!

If you use Prosim FMC, you cannot use PMDG FMC at the same time. Prosim will not send anything to PMDG systems. Use Prosim OR pmdg.

Prosim is a simulation of all 737 systems and cannot be mixed with other systems from PMDG or other addon. Use FSX basically for the outside view.

markfire

Hi

You can't use or expect to see the results of an input into the fmc or any other hardware on the pmdg software as you are communicating directly with the prosim server system.

Use the default fsx 737 in outside cockpit view only. Ignore any instruments other an the prosim ones.

Open up the prosim cdu and you should see your inputs reflected there

bratwurstdimsum

Ok thanks, i understand now.  I guess the main reason for trying prosim was because I couldn't interface the pdmg FMC to my opencockpits v1 FMC.  Even OCP4NGX says in the readme file that it only supports FMC V3.
Anybody got OC FMC V1 going with NGX?

wpslider

bratwurstdimsum

The guys at OC offered some help but it was basically in that generic "oh it works with this and that if you do this..."

I finally worked it out and I have shared my experience here:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=3582

Thank you all!!

Jeff

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate