Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 10:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
719 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 719
Total: 719

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

anyone got a diagram for wiring leds to switches on a bodner card please

Started by raygun, August 04, 2013, 03:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raygun

Hello all

I am trying to build an annunciator panel for my baron 58 cockpit and can,t find out how to get the leds to come on when I use a switch to activate a parameter, for example the autopilot or nav mode etc.

I have the switches wire up and working on the card but did not want to connect the 5v output to anything until I know exactly what I need to do.

I am aware that you need to add resistance in the circuit for the Leds but am not at all sure how you get the led to come on with a switch on and led off with switch off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Raygun ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joe Lavery

It's pretty straightforward Tony, all you need are switches with dual poles. So effectively 2 switches in one body. They're not much more expensive than single pole versions.
Then you simply run the voltage to the LED through the second pole. You'll need to know the resistor value for the LED you're using but you could attach this to the lead coming from the switch if you want. The other side of the LED then goes to the negative or ground terminal of the power source you're feeding to the LED.
Obviously you must make sure you isolate the terminals with shrink wrap or tape so you don't get power feeding to the switch circuit on your Bodnar board.

Hope that helps.
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

raygun

Hi Joe

Thanks for the reply, that was very straight forward and easy to follow. I am just getting bits at the moment so two pole switches seems to be the answer. I have got to get the leds as well so I will lok into the resistors for each of the colours I need.

Much obliged for the help

Regards

raygun ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joe Lavery

If you need any more info have a look at Ian Sissons site, he's the MAN.

http://www.737ng.co.uk/technical.htm

There's an absolute wealth of information on his site together with dozens of pdf files you can download. He's also a very helpful guy who helped me many many times when I first started this crazy hobby. ;)

Cheers
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate