Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
729 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 729
Total: 729

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Considering buying this overhead... Thoughts?

Started by bratwurstdimsum, August 17, 2013, 10:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bratwurstdimsum

Hi there, this seller in Australia says some work is required - can anyone venture to me what work is required and approx the cost of the job ?

http://bit.ly/1dimnav

His description follows:

"Boeing 737 full size overhead panel : this panel has been wired (Not by me, wiring is questionable but works)so that some lights will turn off and on.  you can wire this into a full system with the purchase of the associated parts if you so wish to.(parts etc not supplied by me and I cant help you in aquiring them)

Note the panel is a full size panel and all gauges are inplace but they are NOT operational gauges (look alike gauges only)

Here we have a Boeing 737 OVERHEAD full size replica panel .

All switches and lights are working (and Move)(and can be wired to switch items on and off)

This is a USED Panel but there are no marks on it and its as good as the day I purchased it.

( Mounting frame is included )

(Rear overhead NOT included)"

Thanks

Jeff

Garys

First thing to do would be to de-solder everything and start from a clean slate. Although it looks like a mess, once everything is desoldered I think you will find that most if not all the annunciator led's will be able to be re-used and if not, you can purchase hundreds of leds  from china on ebay for only a few dollars with free shipping.

Honestly I think it would only take an hour max to get it to where you can start again, with the cost  being only a desoldering wick and possibly a few leds.

Gary 

bratwurstdimsum

Hi Gary, I think the desoldering for me would be ok, it's more the wiring up of new gauges and cards to interface with pokeys etc.  would it be easier to build a full kit from scratch?

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Jeff, this OH is being sold by one of my local customers here in Perth and I have seen it. The owner has a commercial operation and he has upgraded to a turnkey Open Cockpits OH unit. I think the OH offered for sale is quite good value for money and it is quite smart. I agree with Gary, use the hardware and start from scratch with wiring if you buy it. The owner will ship it in the decent wooden crate that his new unit arrived in.
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

bratwurstdimsum

Thanks all, agreed that we can get the lights working - my question was more around what other kit do I need so that if I, for instance flicked on all the fuel pumps on the overhead that it would reflect that in the overhead of the FSX plane I am flying?  The LCD displays for the batteries and even the gauges I'm not that concerned about - I would just like to hear the whine of the engines starting up once I flicked the R engine starter to "GND" !!

Garys

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/components/interface-it/

Go to the FDS forums and do some research on it as well. Simple to learn and all the info you need to accomplish what you want is already out there.

Gary

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate