Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 05:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
720 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 720
Total: 720

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

I'm having a debate in my head!

Started by Sam Franklin, November 23, 2013, 02:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Franklin

I really hoped to be able to create some parts from the Embraer 190 cockpit (pedestal and yoke etc) but I'm really struggling due to the lack of resources and I'm debating making it much easier for myself and going for a 737 cockpit. Hmmmm decisions :/

ETomlin

Ever considered a Learjet 45 or King Air 350 with ProLine 21?
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

727737Nut

737 Junkie

Sam Franklin

My problem with the E190 was the lack of resources and I think that the 737 although it may be slightly more complicated than the Lear 45 it has a lot more resources available - what do you think?

ETomlin

Everything you could possibly want to know about building the LJ45 is at Hangar45.net.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations

bernard S

Okay I will play devils avocate here... If you are battling with resources I am thinking you are referring to time money and parts would this be correct and I assume I am... The best thing you can do is a get a turn key solution and there are many options to choose from.

The question is do you want to build or fly?

Sam Franklin

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear I meant resources as in dimensions, references images etc.

I've been looking at hangar45, what a brilliant website! It does tempt me but then boeing was were I originally started flight sim - I just don't know.

ETomlin

Hi Sam

Thanks for the compliments on Hangar45. We worked very hard to have a one stop shop for all things related to building a Learjet 45 simulator. Of course, I make panels for the aircraft and yes, I do have a vested interest in the aircraft (also for the King Air too) but I will tell you this- there are lots of great choices to make aircraft-wise in this hobby. Hands-down, the 737 is king for sheer parts availability and choice. However, understand that even a project like the LJ45 is still a complex aircraft and will require lots of work. The great thing though is that along with the LJ45 that Ron and I have worked very hard to bring up in popularity, is that General Aviation is seeing an awakening in the hobby and the main reasons are is because not only are the projects smaller (and thus less space, less cost) but you tend to get a wider range of flying out of them (as in a much larger choice of airports to operate out of) as well as easier for one person to manage per flight. Give it some thought and do not be hasty in any decision making because as my good friends Bob and Trevor at this wonderful site will tell you, the hobby is not for the faint of heart and when you invest, you really have to be dedicated to see the project through. I'd much rather see someone stick to desktop simming than have a pile of parts for an unwanted project sitting in the corner.

Best of luck, and we all will be glad to help in any way possible- even if it's a wood pigeon sim!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations

Sam Franklin

Quote from: ETomlin on November 25, 2013, 04:59:49 AM
Hi Sam

Thanks for the compliments on Hangar45. We worked very hard to have a one stop shop for all things related to building a Learjet 45 simulator. Of course, I make panels for the aircraft and yes, I do have a vested interest in the aircraft (also for the King Air too) but I will tell you this- there are lots of great choices to make aircraft-wise in this hobby. Hands-down, the 737 is king for sheer parts availability and choice. However, understand that even a project like the LJ45 is still a complex aircraft and will require lots of work. The great thing though is that along with the LJ45 that Ron and I have worked very hard to bring up in popularity, is that General Aviation is seeing an awakening in the hobby and the main reasons are is because not only are the projects smaller (and thus less space, less cost) but you tend to get a wider range of flying out of them (as in a much larger choice of airports to operate out of) as well as easier for one person to manage per flight. Give it some thought and do not be hasty in any decision making because as my good friends Bob and Trevor at this wonderful site will tell you, the hobby is not for the faint of heart and when you invest, you really have to be dedicated to see the project through. I'd much rather see someone stick to desktop simming than have a pile of parts for an unwanted project sitting in the corner.

Best of luck, and we all will be glad to help in any way possible- even if it's a wood pigeon sim!

Thank you very much, that is the most encouraging and helpful post for me!

Thanks, Sam

Sean

Quote from: ETomlin on November 25, 2013, 04:59:49 AMI'd much rather see someone stick to desktop simming than have a pile of parts for an unwanted much wanted project sitting in the corner.

Have you been spying on me?  :P

ETomlin

Quote from: Sam Franklin on November 25, 2013, 07:57:40 AM

Thank you very much, that is the most encouraging and helpful post for me!

Thanks, Sam

Sam, thanks for the feedback. I feel that soon the entire hobby will begin to see a gradual shift from airliner obsession to more smaller aircraft for all the obvious reasons and that is good for everyone in the long run I believe. But as I said, try to make your decision carefully. Oh, btw- we also have a Multi Role MIP laid out if you are interested. It would be great for both jets and turbo props. Sometimes, making a decision for just one aircraft is very hard to commit to. We can help with that too :-)

Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations

Sam Franklin

I said to JackPilot earlier something along these lines:
I've decided what I actually want is to fly a jet style aircraft with some active features like a throttle quadrant, a yoke and some rudder pedals. I don't have the time or money to create a full cockpit (as much as I'd like to) but slowly I can create some parts, not necessarily a MIP but the stuff I want and use!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate