Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
204 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 355
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New B737NG Project - Help appriciated

Started by Adam, July 03, 2017, 01:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Hi guys,

So as the subject title suggests, I'm designing and building a B737 cockpit,
I'm currently studying Aerospace Technology final year at Coventry Uni with a keen interest in avionics systems and have a lot of experience in 3D CAD modelling.
I'm looking to design every single component of the cockpit from scratch from the throttle quadrant down to individual panels and instrumentation with the aim at the end of possibly building whole cockpits or individual components for sale.

If anybody wishes to know more about the project or if anybody has any advise or assistance it would be greatly appreciated, especially if you have expertise in electronics or programming :)

Ill post updates in the future as I complete more of the components and I'm currently working on a full size working duplicate throttle quadrant built in almost the exact method as the real life TQ.

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Adam and welcome,
At the risk of sounding like a knocker which is not my intention!! I am wondering why you have chosen this path. As you see I am a sim parts supplier and the market is already full of 737 parts readily available including about six throttle suppliers, you can practically build a 737 sim with parts from the shelf and Prosim737 is the most amazing and simple to interface software. In other words the 737 has already been done to death. If you were to switch to scratch building the 787 and software you would have a huge market, I'm sure there are many builders waiting for that bird!
Regards, Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Adam

Hello and thanks for the comment  :)
I should probably also point out that it has been my intention to make several aircraft cockpits with the 787 and A380 included however I've chosen the B737 for that exact reason, there is a huge amount of information out there for me to get my skills up to scratch easily, however I will take your comment to mind and I will start designing some parts for the 787, if anybody has any links to measurements or other useful documentation it would be greatly appreciated :D

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate