Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
210 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 355
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Pictures of my real 727 eng. gauges working

Started by 727737Nut, April 23, 2010, 05:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

The EPR gauge is servo driven, Fuel Flow is driven by servo on a pot producing a 0-5Vdc output driving an old gauge set-up from Beta Innovations. The digital mechanical N1, N2, and EGT are driven off the PIC boards Mike Powell and I built and designed. VSI gauge is stock internals with a gutted servo driving the stk dc motor w/ feedback from the stk pot in gauge. All are interfaced thru OC servo cards and SIOC. ALL are working flawlessly now with over 100hrs of operation. The wiring is a little messy as this is a temp set-up in my apartment.

737 Junkie

Boeing Skunk Works

Nice work! When you can mass produce these conversions gimme a holler! I'll take a set of 15.  ;)
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

jackpilot

Jack

727737Nut

Thanks guys! I'll get a video up one of these days. Need to get me a flaps gauge and the other 2 EPR gauges.  Keep your eyes out for me please.

Michael,
I can make your gauges come to life fairly easy, get a set together, with the servo's and i'll build them and write the code. Pm if interested in more details. 
737 Junkie

jameas

This is a very impressive set up you have.
You talk of using standard servo internals to drive the VSI, does the board handle the increased motor size on the VSI, and what voltage are you driving it with.

thanks
J.

727737Nut

Quote from: jameas on April 24, 2010, 05:56:08 AM
This is a very impressive set up you have.
You talk of using standard servo internals to drive the VSI, does the board handle the increased motor size on the VSI, and what voltage are you driving it with.

thanks
J.

I am using 5vdc and yes, the cheap servo i gutted has handled the motor fine. Remember, all aviation gauges are set-up to pull low current to reduce overall  current draw on the aircraft.  It actually is more efficient and pulls less amps than the original servo motor!
737 Junkie

727Steve

Steve

EAL727Capt

Hey, Nut.......
If you're PM'ing your secrets, PM 'em to me, too.  I'm in the process also.

Great looking work thus far.   Congratulations!

Thanks,
Jay
KTPA
Keep the pointy end up and forward.........

727737Nut

Quote from: EAL727Capt on April 26, 2010, 01:20:33 PM
Hey, Nut.......
If you're PM'ing your secrets, PM 'em to me, too.  I'm in the process also.

Great looking work thus far.   Congratulations!

Thanks,
Jay
KTPA

Hi Jay,
No secrets, i'm here to help as much as can just like others helped me. :)  What do you need to know?

Rob
737 Junkie

EAL727Capt

Heya, Rob and thank you for the offer.
I guess, like so many others, I'd like to know exactly which wires go to which components.
My 727 will have the standard 'steam' gauges and not the 'glass' cockpit gauges that you have.

Currently, I'm working on the wiring for the 727-200's landing gear control panel; there's a 16-pin connector and without a proper wiring diagram, its trial-and-error.  I've made a block diagram using Photoshop and am using it as a basic guide in an attempt to determine which wires control the seven (7) Korry switches.   Once I have it all figured out, I'll post it here.

Thank you again for all your help.

Jay
Keep the pointy end up and forward.........

Trevor Hale

Rob may have already posted that when he and Mike Powell were discussing that here..  Let me see if I can dig up the link to that thread.

Trev

Here is the only one I could find.

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=474.msg3398#msg3398

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?