Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 09:04:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
26 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Addition to my sim!

Started by XOrionFE, August 24, 2011, 06:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Looky what I got my hands on today!    Yeah, I know they are not the latest NG version but you know what...I dont care...they are real and will do the same job and look just as good and my pedestal sorely needed them.   I have the NG Opencockpits panels but would have to build them and would never be as good as these.   I got these for a steal of a price and they will look and be made to function very nicely in my pedestal.  I am sure the knobs alone are worth far more than I paid.   

Scott

Maurice

Very nice find. What do you intend to do with all these pots or are you just concerned with the looks? Asking because I got the FDS version and there are lots of pots in there (or rather switches with pots) and I don't know what to with them  :)

I suppose we could just use the switch part to activate some extra FSX functions. What do you think?

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Well I will definitely wire the switches for the appropriate audio sources and toggling them such as Com1, Com2, Both, Nav1, Nav2, Marker Beacons ext.     For the pots it probably wouldnt be too difficult to wire them in line with some of the speakers in the cockpit like headphones and overhead speakers to provide for volume control.     I will find a use for the rest of the switches Im sure over time but obviously would have to memorize what they are because you can really label them but maybe some simple sim functions like Pause, etc.   Otherwise, it is just nice to have the lights, filler, and heavy duty durability.

jackpilot

sCOTT:
They are a fairly standard model. Looking TERRIFIC. , and you are right, just the knobs...$$

mAU:
Some can be used for what they were intended to be.
I use a real aero intercom (cheap EBay) with 4 ins/outs
I will use 3 :Capt FO Observer
As with most intercom now there is a feed for music which can be used as ATC feed.
Sidetone (you hear your voice) as in real airplane is a nice feature too.

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1919.msg14738#new

Jack

Maurice

OMG!!!! There is no end to what you can use or build  :) After wiring the overhead, I don't want to hear about any more wiring until I'm tired of flying  ;D

Maurice

dharrison

You dirty dog!!! Looks like that second comm will get some use afterall!!!!

Don

jetpilot

Hey Scott,
The radios are awesome. I want to say, real parts are real parts. They are going to look great on the pedestal. 8)
Roberto

XOrionFE

Thank you Roberto

How is your stuff coming along.  Have you moved the cockpit yet?

Scott

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate