Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 01:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
457 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 465
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 457
Total: 457

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Smiths FMC Guide?

Started by XOrionFE, February 06, 2010, 06:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Can someone recommend which one of these is best to get.   I am building my pit based on the NG using Sim-Avionics (and possibly the pmdg 737 for fsx when it is released eventually).    There is one book that says it covers all of the 737 series and has updates for the NG.   There is another that is all NG.   Which one is best to get?

Thank you,
Scott

jackpilot

Not sure which book you are refering to but I would choose the NG dedicated one.
I know that he PMDG manual has a nice section for the FMC.
Will look deeper, because I need it too.

Jack

Bob Reed

I have Bill Bulfer's FMC guide. This is for the Smiths unit. Very good book written by someone who uses the unit in real life.

XOrionFE

Bob, there are two that I saw.  One seems to be for the NG only version and one says it is for all 737s and has updates for the NG.   I was going to just buy the NG version unless there is something I would be missing by not having the other.  Which one do you have?

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on February 06, 2010, 10:05:40 AM
Bob, there are two that I saw.  One seems to be for the NG only version and one says it is for all 737s and has updates for the NG.   I was going to just buy the NG version unless there is something I would be missing by not having the other.  Which one do you have?
If you are building the NG and that is all you are going to fly the NG one is what you need. The only differences are in the software of the FMC where the older aircraft do not have the capability to do certain things.

jackpilot

Jack

XOrionFE

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate