Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:13:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
464 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 470
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 464
Total: 465

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Resolution issues

Started by ivar hestnes, April 01, 2010, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivar hestnes

Hi fellas :)

Equipment as follows:

Win7 64
Nvidia GTX285
Matrox th2go analog
3x Benq MP782-ST (native 1280x800) http://www.benq.com/products/Projector/?product=1609&page=specifications

The th2go analog should be able to do 3840x768 according to http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/TH2Go_FAQ

But no chance I am able to set my desktop to 3840x768. I can manage to set it to 3840x1024 or 3072x768, but with the result that airplanes will look stretched. They look like they are long and thin. Not ideal for sure.
Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong here? Or is it the hardware that cause issues? I borrowd a digital th2go for testing also, but it resultet in nothing but issues, lol.

Anyone else running a setup at 3840x768 or 3840x800 here?

:)

Trevor Hale

Ivar,  I am not sure but is it possible the problem is a Windows 7 / Triplehead2go issue?  I am not so sure they are 100% compatible but I may be wrong.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ivar hestnes

I hope you are wrong, but it could definitely be a win7 vs th2go issue.

mpl330

Hi Ivar,

You tried nhancer? Sorted many a problem with nvidia cards...

Cheers
Mike

ivar hestnes

Hi Mike  :)

Never tried Nhancer. Isnt that just for antialiasing and "visual quality" issues? Or can I set custom resolutions in that application also?

I have tried Powerstrip also today, but still no success.

andarlite

Quote from: ivar hestnes on April 01, 2010, 10:29:29 AM

Anyone else running a setup at 3840x768 or 3840x800 here?

Hi Ivar

I'm using:

Win XP/64
Digital TH2G
Nvidea GTX275
3 22inch LCD (native 1680x1050)

I normally run at 5040x1050 but I was able to switch over to 3840x768 and 3840x800 and both resolutions ran fine.

I have noticed that the TH2G is smart enough to limit your resolutions to what your monitors (or projectors) can handled. Have you tried with 3 LCD's just to see?

Regards,
Henry

Level D 767
FSX

Volante

I would think you have checked this, Ivar, but here goes....

Windows sees the TH2G unit as a graphics card, and has to have it's driver installed to allow for the resolutions in question.

The projectors should be set to 16:9 aspect.

Vidar ::)

ivar hestnes

Yes Vidar, the projectors are set to 16:9, and the th2go driver installed. But still no luck :)  Thanks anyway :)

Henry, you might be right. Maybe the th2go is smart enough to limit the resolutions. Since my beamers is native 1280x800, and maximum th2go analog is 3840x768, that could be the issue. I dont have any LCD?s around to test with, but it is possible that I have to buy the th2go digital to get this working.

I borrowed one to try with, but only got issues, lol. But that could be my fault also ;D

NAX228

Since 768 and 800 are not the native resolution, it could be an issue with the projectors is my thought.
Do they show correct picture when selecting 3840x1024? Maybe they stretch your given resolution to fill up the whole picture?
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

ivar hestnes

800 is the native vertical resolution on the projectors, but the analog th2go does not have support for that.

They do show the correct picture in 3840x1024 mode, but the 1024 is compressed vertically, so objects will appear stretched.

If there was something wrong with the projectors, It would be serious bad luck if all three had issues. I doubt that one ;)
I am more and more convinced that I need the digital th2go to get this working as it should.  :)

NAX228

I did'n mean the projectors was "broken" more that they function in a way to automaticly stretch the pic to add up for missing pixels eighter way, up or out.
Well, I only hope you get it running.
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

ivar hestnes

Ahh, understand what you mean now :)

I have tried all the screen size options on the beamers also. Didnt help. Running out of options for sure ;)
But we never give up, lol.

fsaviator

Ivar,

I had the same issue with the Benq 772ST's (native res 1024x768) running under WinXP.  I ended up having to download the TH2Go software suite and the Mode Expander Tool and installing them.

Now I have all the resolutions available and am running in 3072x768.

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

oter32

Hello.
As  far as I can see, Ivar, every side of your Matrox problem is looked upon  above.
Exect one thing:  I can’t find any Software tools for Matrox Analog edition hardware explicit for Windows  7- 64.
I am sure  you are aware of it but for the other of us planning an OS update, it could be useful to know.
Nils

ivar hestnes

Hi Warren and Nils.
Thanks for your inputs here.
I cant find any win7 specific software either. I think it is not necessary. I can run a 3072x768 format here. But thats a 4:3 format. It seems like I cant run the projectors native widescreen resolution.
Very strange all this.

I have someconfidence in Henry`s post aove. That the th2go is smart enough to limit the resolution to what the monitors can handle. And if so, I need a digital th2go. Since native 1280x800 cant be run on the analog. Analog supports up to 760 vertically.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate