Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
139 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfuenmayor

Well guys, for a change, I am back after a rather tumultuous year, not that I got sick or anything, just many changes in the business, including the EHR company that I have used for 11 years going belly up, and having to migrate 34000+ records. So what I have done for my sim today? well, I fired it up, and it worked !!.
I hope to be able to make it to WF this year, if all goes okay.

JF

bernard S

I managed to source this grey thing pictured and copy it so i have two yellow things20210702_180153.jpg

bernard S

more things20210706_131935.jpg20210706_131904.jpg

Joe Lavery

You building your own airport Bernard?  8)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

FredK

Quote from: Joe Lavery on July 07, 2021, 09:00:38 AMYou building your own airport Bernard?  8)

The mystery of the "thingies" continues!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

MistyBlue

Pretty sure Bernard's motto is "He who dies with the mostest cool thingies wins!"  I've seen what he's up to...and I officially quit ;D

bernard S

bernard S

got this thing to brk those things so i can do my thing

sagrada737

Looks like a new building is going up!  Those rocks seem like a challenge for that little tractor...

Don't forget the Heli Pad... :)
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

bernard S

MistyBlue

bernard S

dont you lot worry about the size of my thing its seems to be working.. emm   helipad.... actully why not ?

bernard S

introduction for tiki bar maybe ? 19 more loads of the sandy stuff

bernard S

bernard S

more of same thing for the thing

ame

I 3D printed a DIN rail mount for a Raspberry Pi to hold it in place inside a pedestal.

I downloaded the files from Thingiverse and printed them directly. Came out great.

bernard S

ame

Here's the link to the files:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2492974

The Pi mounting holes are M3 in the model, but the actual hole size is M2.5. I filled the holes with some glue and bits of filament and re-drilled them to accept the smaller screws. I expect others just drill out the Pi holes to M3, but that's a bit  :o

I would also have liked some holes for the Pi LEDs. I'm into light pipes, and DIN rail  :)

Although I've already printed it I loaded the STL files into OpenSCAD and reduced the mounting boss hole size to M2.5, and added two holes for the LEDs. I hadn't done that before, so I wanted to experiment and see how easy/hard it was. I haven't printed this one, but I'm  happy to send the file to anyone who wants it.

ame

I've also been working on a new switch design, which I have posted about in another thread. It's a technique of using evenly spaced sensors and a tailored activation pattern to detect the position of an input (usually a rotating actuator). It works best with optical sensors, but I've been experimenting with switches. Five switches can be used to detect 30 rotation positions (a resolution of 12°).

sagrada737

Nice looking 3D printed assembly.  3D printing is a great resource for our Sim projects.  Looking forward to how the embedded Bosses work out.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

blueskydriver

Amazingly, I finally got a complete flight in on MSFS2020 this evening; flew from KCVG to KMSN. Albeit, it wasn't in my B737NG sim; instead, it was in a King Air 350.

After I went ahead and purchased a new set of CH Products (Yoke, Throttles and Pedal combo), and mounted it all too my desk, I found that desktop flying is actually pretty fun. Yes, desktop flying!

Plus, I figure this is the best way too learn MSFS2020 without worrying about all the complexities of the sim itself. And, it'll give me time to just setup a quick flight, as well as review things as they come out.

Overall, it's like learning FSX after using FS2004, you just have to try everything....

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

for the thing that makes the big things go whoose  catapult :-)

sagrada737

Hey Bernard...   It's time for the Floor Plan... :)

sagrada737

Be sure to put a large linear Drain in from of the Main Door.  Looks like the entry way slopes toward the structure.

Embedded electrical/data conduit in the floor?

RayS

Work continues on "dual-Booting" the Beech 1900D sim.

Originally it was based entirely on the X-Plane platform, but have been working for a few months to enable it to fly MSFS2020.

There's still some residual functionality that needs to be converted over, but as of right now, I can fly on either sim platform.

The supporting computers (There are 5) can boot into using XP or 2020 using a simple batch file on startup.

Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate