Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
135 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Thrustmaster Cougar MFD control via Lua script ?????

Started by navymustang, December 01, 2020, 04:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

Sadly - the Cougar MFD backlighting is always on (unless you manually dim it). Has anyone heard of a software method (e.g., Lua script) to control brightness? Not the TARGET script  which is local to the MFD only.

I want to be able to set a cold/dark cockpit via the main battery bus switch in the sim.

OK, don't tell me to re-wire the back of the MFD by putting in a software controlled relay in the powerline from the USB port  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

ame

Is it this one?
http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/mfd-cougar-pack

The blurb says "Backlighting for buttons with adjustable intensity (via the software or manually)."

Something to follow up on?

navymustang

Unfortunately no, they are referring to the "Target" button application which simply assigns keypresses to button presses.

Thanks though
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

navymustang

Les, good try but no more functionality here than with Lua and FSUIPC. It seems that Thrustmaster never thought that cockpit builders would use their device.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate