Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
485 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 485
Total: 486

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Saving Tim some embarassment with late intro

Started by Maurice, September 25, 2009, 05:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Not that anybody here really cares at this point, but I heard it through the grapevine that Tim is on the war path about old timers not introducing themselves and I'm afraid I would have to teach him a lesson if he flexed his muscles & threatened me, so to avoid further embarrassment to him, I will ‘gracefully’ comply.  It's a shame though...I was really looking forward to smashing my new walker on his thick skull and make a mummy out of him with a tight wrapping of Depends  ;D. But I digress....

So in case you haven't clued in to the fact I'm an old fart yet, I am 64 and happily retiring next March. We are building a new home in Gravenhurst, Ontario and the entire basement will be mine, which means I will finally have space to finish my sim (which is in pieces right now). Before dismantling it, I was at the point where a shell was really needed since I had no room for overhead or a good projection system, so I'm really looking forward to finally have enough space to work on my sim without tripping over everything.

My MIP is basically complete (all FDS stuff with full suite of PM Systems) and I made one of the first motorized 737 throttle quad (if not the first) when such beasts were not available anywhere yet. Had I waited till now, I would have given up on building my own as soon as I cut the first MDF piece. In fact, if I was going to build a quad, I would choose something else than the 737 just because of that; that sucker is a real beast and I don't know why I tried so hard to make it look like the real thing. I think Jack has the right idea here... no need to make it look like a replica since the functionality is the only thing that really matters.

I also built a set of linked rudder pedals; not the most graceful piece of engineering but quite functional with a really good feel to them.

I also have a pedestal shell but nothing in it right now, so much work to be done there as well. I will go the easy way though when ready and go for the FDS shell instead of killing myself trying to build one. I have only so many breaths left and I need to conserve them instead of reinventing the wheel every time.

There is not much else to report at this time assuming you had the patience to read up to here, so I will spare you further boring details about my life until I have something new to show.

And Tim, consider yourself lucky that I spared you the embarrassment of a good  thrashing.  :box:

Maurice, alias Mau, Morry, Chevalier, the Rocket Richard  etc...

Some pics of my progress below

http://rides.webshots.com/album/553432632HWHBzn

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/549398024hromFI

http://rides.webshots.com/album/560928860GxpIoQ
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

Fantastic Mau.. I can understand why you would want to save Tim the Effort..  It is a very good thing indeed.

Besides, you might break you Cain...  *Big Grin*

If things go south up here for me, I have had offers to Move to Gravenhurst, so watch out!  I could be moving your direction..  Then you would have to put up with me spying on your sim Progress..

Regardless if it is Late, Early, or Never.  I am glad you are here.  So is Tim Believe it or not :)

Trev.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on September 25, 2009, 05:51:45 AM
I have had offers to Move to Gravenhurst, so watch out!  I could be moving your direction..  Then you would have to put up with me spying on your sim Progress..

Trev.

You meant put up with you 'helping me' on my sim progress right?? If you really meant spying, you are in a for a big disappointment as I will be spying on yours  :)

Maurice

Boeing Skunk Works

Hi Maurice.

I know exactly what you mean about scratchbuilding a throttle. And to this day, there is still no one who builds a 727 throttle except Boeing and they quit doing that 25 years and one week ago.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Maurice

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on September 25, 2009, 12:55:10 PM
Hi Maurice.

I know exactly what you mean about scratchbuilding a throttle. And to this day, there is still no one who builds a 727 throttle except Boeing and they quit doing that 25 years and one week ago.

And probably no one ever will since the market is not there. So, good thing you did your own otherwise you would be left hanging high & dry   (or maybe wet) :)

Maurice
ps Good to see you here.

Boeing Skunk Works

Thanks. Good to see everyone here again too.

I didn't have much of a choice other than buying an overpriced pull that would have to be rebuilt and re-finished anyway. Cheaper to DIY since your hobby time cost you nothing. Saved a bundle too.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

warvet

Maurice  ;D
What are you rambling on about now ya decrepit old coot ;) Just because you were born when planes were still flown with a top and bottom wing and DC8 s were the current luxury liner lol doesnt mean you can sit here and slobber all over your yoke and talk jibberish about how old your wrinkly old butt is. :) hehehe But thanx for doing that Mau, i would really hate to have to beat the dog shit out of a senile senior citizen with erectile difficulty :) :) hahaha

Ya know i love ya Mau in that Grab your sweaty wrinkly man boobs sort of way :)Just let me know old timer when its time to wheel ya back over the the old pilots home so you can sit and talk about flights gone by as you slurp your soup :)

Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate