Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
476 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 476
Total: 476

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from Newcastle, UK

Started by Sean, October 07, 2009, 10:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Hi everyone.

My name's Sean, 41yr old, married with 2 daughters (16yrs & 10 yrs). Living most of my life in the chilly suburbs of Newcastle upon Tyne, NE England.

PPL/Night with approx 250hrs, although the part shares in EGNT based PA28 and C152 have been passed on, I wasn't flying regularly enough to justify the ownership costs.

Planning to build a 737NG (surprise, surprise), I just feel it's the most supported type out there in terms of hardeware, software and other builders. I could be wrong, but we'll see... On top of that, it's the most popular type flying out of my local airport, and short haul ops to european destinations best suits my simming experience.

Would love to have gone commercial in real life, but eyesight is beyond correctable limits here in the UK, so that scuppered that. Got a few real world pilot relations and friends, alas none on 737's, so the real world measurements and procedures will have to found elsewhere. A340, 757/767,  EMB145, DHC8, SAAB340 all covered, but not the 737! If anyone needs info on those types, give me a shout, I'll see what I can do.

Attending FSWeekend in November, would love to meet some of you there.

Thanks for letting me onboard.

Sean

warvet

Well Sean,
Let me be the first to welcome you onboard to our growing family. I hope you'll find a comfortable seat and a wealth of knowledge within our ranks. you'll discover we have everything from builders such as myself who have built a full sized Sim for the past 10 years to guys building small desktop Sims and everything in between.You'll also find an incredible asortment of our guys have incredible mechanical, electronics, metal work, wood work , CNC skills and the list is endless. Allot of members are ATPL CPL or PPL as yourself and some are currently flying with active Airlines. So pretty much the friendliest group of guys you'll meet anywhere. So I certainly hope you enjoy your stay.
All the best mate  ;D
Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

ian@737ng.co.uk

oooow you little devil you :D  how you doing sean?   welcome.
hope to catch up with you at lelystad.....
regards ..... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Sean

Quote from: warvet on October 07, 2009, 10:52:31 PM

Thanks Tim, nice welcome.

Quote from: ian@737ng.co.uk on October 08, 2009, 03:00:48 AMhow you doing sean?

Hi Ian, not bad at all, and you?

I had the privilege of flying Ian's sim last year, it has set a benchmark and is what I am aiming towards... thanks again Ian.

Sean

Boeing Skunk Works

Hi Sean! I've been to Newcastle quite a few times in the sim. Usually starting from London or Paris.

Welcome aboard.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate