Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 12:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
743 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 743
Total: 743

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hi from Sweden

Started by Jowl, August 17, 2012, 09:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jowl

Hi all!

I will actually not introduce myself but rather the group I'm a member of.
Well, might add that my name is Jonas, I'm not technically skilled in any way - my part of the group is administration, air files and FSX tweaking. I'm a long time lurker but hope to be more active sharing our ideas and asking questions.

We are a bunch of people based in Stockholm, our goal is to provide advanced simulators to our members - just for fun.
Currently we got are around 200 members, 50 ish active and apr 10-15 (some come, some go..) people building together. Our club is running on a strict nonprofit basis, no one gets any salary.

The starting members founded Swesim some 6 years ago, at first we had a small room where we were building 3 simulators, crowded to say the least..

After a while we found a better location, a old boiler room. Not only spacious, but also affordable.

We are currently running three simulators and got more incoming. We got a SAAB AJS 37, a Boeing 737 and our Multi-simulator. A SAAB J 35J simulator is currently taken down for a complete rebuild. On the incoming side we got a Fokker F28 and some other goodies.

The Viggen sim is a former Swedish air force simulator from around 1975. When we started on the sim it was mostly trash.
Our "AJS 37 1.0" was built on FS9 and instruments converted to servos and steppers. Since then our members figured out how to use original instruments and we have converted to FSX. Much effort has been put into building a replica of the original onboard computer.

Still to do are some instruments, projection in the canopy, further onboard computer development such as ground radar..after that we will probably find even more to do :)

AJS37 Viggen simulator - New visual system

Our Boeing 737 is almost done. We are currently working on moving Yokes, ACP integration, more OH instruments and ventilation. Next version will probably feature a better shell and liners along with a upgrade to FSX or P3D.
The simulator is mainly built on FDS products and Prosim, really good suppliers!!

The Multi sim is a simple pit loosely based on a SAAB JAS 39, it's a test bed and a toy..

Next up is a complete rebuild of our SAAB J 35J Draken - hope to be able to tell more about it later on!

Our "home" is www.swesim.se, we got a blog on http://blogg.swesim.se/, works ok with google translate.

Thanks for reading!

XOrionFE

Very cool Jowl

Glad to have you here with us.  Those fighters look awesome and I bet are a to of fun.   More pics!

Scott

MLeavy737

Hi all and welcome!

That looks like alot of fun over there!! I agree with Scott.. Those fighters look like fun!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Benja

Maybe it's time for a cockpit builders meeting in Sweden?
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

Benja

Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

Jowl

Quote from: Benja on August 17, 2012, 11:11:59 PM

Sure is, last year the guys at http://www.flygmuseum.com/ hosted one. Uless someone else picks picks up the torch we will host it later this year.

Jowl

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate