Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:02:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
139 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

X-Plane at night

Started by jackpilot, January 23, 2013, 12:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Xplane-10 KORD RWY 09L ILS.  Flightdeck Solutions and Sim-Avionics. 60 LED TVs
Courtesy of Captain Scott alias XOrion

Jack

Maurice

Fantastic pic! I can see where you are headed Jack  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Garys

Xplane at night does look fantastic. 

After watching Mau's videos and Scotts Innusbruck approach videos,  seeing this pic, I just don't think I could ever get past those bezels  no matter how good the clarity is.

Gary

XOrionFE

Yeah, I hear you Gary but mine is the opposite.  Now that the genie is out of the bottle for me and my eyes have experienced the clarity and detail along with simplicity of the TVs I could never go back to the crappy blurry and washed out look of projectors (unless they improve them and offer at a decent price).  Although by then we wil likely have the bezeless bendable LED TV screens which may give us the best of both worlds.   

Until then I wonder if I can convince my other half to let me grab two more of these 60's!   :o

Scott

fsaviator

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Garys

As they say, better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permissson  :)  Sim is looking great.

Gary

Bob Reed

Gary , I know you don't think so but your eyes ignore the bezels really fast. I did this years ago for a guy he used 5 60" TVs and the picture was like nothing I have ever seen. I am going to go this route as well....

Garys

Its definitely something I would have to see first hand.  Flying along at 30+ thou  ft,  seamlessly watching the clouds go by, looking out to the horizon watching that beautiful sunset, all with an unobstructed projection view, Oh the bliss  :)

Gary

Bob Reed

Quote from: Garys on January 23, 2013, 02:13:36 PM
Its definitely something I would have to see first hand.  Flying along at 30+ thou  ft,  seamlessly watching the clouds go by, looking out to the horizon watching that beautiful sunset, all with an unobstructed projection view, Oh the bliss  :)

Gary

LOL.. DOn't forget the sunglass!!  8)

jskibo

Quote from: XOrionFE on January 23, 2013, 01:30:17 PM

Until then I wonder if I can convince my other half to let me grab two more of these 60's!   :o

Scott

I was just looking at mine thinking the same thing :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Scott

That's the definite absolute proof you miss the full wraparound despite the amazing clarity of televisions  ;).

Face it now Scott, it's only a matter of hours before you order 2 more TVs so you might as well do it now and face the music later. By now, I'm sure your wife has got used to new hardware showing up every other day and she may not even notice :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Quote from: Maurice on January 23, 2013, 03:19:11 PM

Scott

That's the definite absolute proof you miss the full wraparound despite the amazing clarity of televisions  ;).

Face it now Scott, it's only a matter of hours before you order 2 more TVs so you might as well do it now and face the music later. By now, I'm sure your wife has got used to new hardware showing up every other day and she may not even notice :)

Maurice

That is funny!!!!!

XOrionFE

just like a boat....it's a hole in the basement that I constantly pour money into....

Though I think the hole is about full now

mattford1

X-Plane is definitely the future.  I switched over from FSX about 3 years ago and have never looked back!

xavier

loving the 60s as well
going this route myself...
Amazing set up

mattford1

Looks great man!!  I'm amazed at how far X-Plane has come!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate