Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
350 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Opencockpits and X737

Started by milezee, March 22, 2013, 02:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milezee

Hi,

I'm looking for scripts or help with developing scripts for the X737 and opencockpits hardware. I have the OC EFIS + MCP and some mastercards + USB card.

I have got it all working on FSX with the PMDG 737 using the scripts from Roark which is great but I would like to get it all working in X-Plane in the longer term.

So far I have had some limited success by using UIPCX from Francisco Sedano, and have managed to get some of the buttons on the EFIS working, but I am struggling to get much more working. This seems a nice direct way of working though as I can get my head around using the SIOC script and linking a dataref to an IO device. The plugin then talks to the IOCP server. I do get confused though about when I should use a x-plane dataref and when to use a x737 dataref.

I have also tried XPUIPC from torsten but couldn't get anything working. I think I struggle with concept of fsuipc to dataref in the sioc script bit.

I wish it could all be as easy as XHSI which I think is great. If that could be expanded to work with hardware I'd be over the moon!

Does anyone have any advice or scripts they could share? I've trawled through all the forums but just seem to get stuck at the final hurdle.

Thanks

Miles

rhysb

Miles,

Check the x-plane.org forum as I'm pretty sure someone has already developed a plugin for open cockpits stuff.

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

XOrionFE

Hello Miles,

Most here don't run X-Plane and those of us that are running it use Sim-Avionics to control all of the 737 systems with the x737 really just being used as a flight model.  In fact, we remove the x737 plugin from X-plane altogether.   So with that in mind we would only reference Xpuipc offsets or direct Sim-avionics offsets in any code including sioc.  If you want to try to interface directly to the x737 itself then Rhys is right, you probably need to check with others on their forum or at x-plane.org.   I am unaware of anyone so far that is attempting what you are doing and apologize for not being able to help.  I am guessing right now you know more about it then any of us here.  If you decide to get Sim-Avionics there may be better answers around using open cockpits with it but again, doing this with x-plane may be tougher.   I personally use Sim-Avionics with FDS Interface cards and makes everything really easy.  I do use some open cockpits and SIOC but just for some of the TQ functionality.

Scott

milezee

Wow, now that looks interesting!
Expensive, but offering everything that I want right now.

Can't believe that I'd not looked at this before. I checked out PM before but thought it was a bit expensive too but this could a better option.

So it all plays nicely with x-plane and opencockpit hardware?

Wendy

There is a plugin available on http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=62459 for X-plane

The plugin interfaces PoKeys cards through X-Plane and allows to connect switches, encoders, leds, 7-segment displays. It was written by the manufacturer of PoKeys cards.

For led's and 7-segment displays you will need additional cards that are available at my website and are a simple extension to PoKeys cards, they work with the plugin also.

Regards, Wendy

milezee

Hey Scott, thanks for your reply,

You're the dude with the 5x 60" screens running x-plane right? Thats pretty awesome, I watched the youtube vids, very inspiring.

I've been checking out the sim avionics stuff using the demo and its very nice.
Could I fire some questions at you as you seem to be in the know, particularly with x-plane involved?

So conceptually - you say you use the x737 without its plugins just for the flight model.
I tried the x737 with x-plane in 32 bit with the SA (is that how you abbreviate Sim Avionics) and realised that first I had to disable the xUFMC plugin that I had installed, this seemed to stop it shooting off the runway.
Then I updated XPUIPC and fired up the 64 bit version of x-plane and spent a bit of time mostly static on the ground exploring SA.

So my question here, by stripping out the x737 plugin, you're left with just a manual aircraft as all systems are now gone. Does SA fully handle everything from there?
All systems are simulated in SA? What roles does X-plane perform apart from the pretty view out the window?

Regarding that pretty view out the window, this is more an x-plane thing than a SA thing but you could probably answer this, how well does x-plane manage to preserve
stuff across the different machines running each view? By this I mean auto-gen, trees, road traffic etc. I guess as long as the settings on each machine are the same then the master machine co-ordinates that truck on the road below not suddenly disappearing when it moves to a different screen?

On the hardware side I think I mentioned SIOC/IOCP. Again, conceptually, whats going on here? The hardware talks to the IOCP server, then the IOCP server talks to x-plane or to SA? I'm a bit confused here.

Sorry for all the questions, I hope you can answer some of them.

Many Thanks

Miles

XOrionFE

Hello Miles,

You are correct, I am the crazy guy with 5 60" TVs.  :o

First, your question about Sim-A is correct.  Sim-A handles all of the systems and the only thing you want the x737 for is the flight model so once installed you should remove the plug in.   X-Plane handles the scenery and the x737 flight model while Sim-A controls all the systems and communicates with X-Plane via XPUIPC.

As for IOCP and SIOC it would work through Xpuipc offsets and Custom offsets to Sim-A.

I hope that helps.
Scott

milezee

Thanks Scott,
That certainly helps.

I'm seriously considering Sim Avionics, not sure how to get away with it regarding my gf, I might have to sneak it on my creditcard.
I'm going to explore the demo more and make sure I can get stuff working with IOCP/SIOC as my budget is limited

Bought a nice DeWalt jigsaw today and cut my first panel. A simple desktop mip to get started.
I like this forum so i'll keep you all posted.

Miles

fordgt40

Mike

Sioc is no problem with SA. My whole cockpit is based on OC cards, SIOC and SA. If you want specific help on any point then just ask

David

milezee

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate