Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:06:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 121
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Have you tried this new multi window plugin?!

Started by arti, October 14, 2013, 02:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arti

Kennair

Interesting tool however if you want more than 2 views (which most cockpit builders require) you'll need to shell out 150 Euro!  A clever marketing ploy to sell their Immersive Display Pro.  Still going to give the free 2-view version a try.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Kennair

Just tried it and very cool.  Even though I'm limited to 2 views its dead simple to setup and there's no window borders as far as I can see, but I am running on 3 LCD screens.  It has a frame rate hit as you would expect but at first glance it doesn't appear to be anything different to how FSX performs with multiple windows open.  Very encouraging for X-Plane users who don't want to shell out for 3 computers (or 5!)  Whether its worth 150 Euro to get the third view is up for debate but I guess its cheaper than buying 2 extra computers to do the same thing, albeit with much less hit on your frame rates.  I would really think there'd be a good market for the 3 view version to be sold separately though, perhaps 50 Euro?

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

arti

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the early info.
How much frame drop do you have with 2 monitors?
Is it substantial?

regards
arti

Kennair

Roughly 5 to 8 frames depending on scenery.  That's displaying on HD monitors.  Within the realms of FSX anyway as far as I can see.  I'd love to give full 3 views a try but 150 Euro is a bit steep.

Ken.

XOrionFE

Even on 5 higher end computers running x-plane on each individually i cannot max out X-plane rendering settings fully at 1080p and would not want to have to reduce them further in order to get multiple windows out of them.  To me I would think I may be a able to live with 5 or so fps hit but then to get 5 screens and limiting to two per computer that could lift the need for two of 5 computers but require 3 of these license at 150 euro each?  I think I am betteroff just running the 5 computers and not messing with it.   X-Plane can be a beast especially in heavy duty scenery like Los Angeles.

Scott

ngidalov

Quote from: Kennair on October 16, 2013, 09:59:07 PM
Roughly 5 to 8 frames depending on scenery.  That's displaying on HD monitors.  Within the realms of FSX anyway as far as I can see.  I'd love to give full 3 views a try but 150 Euro is a bit steep.

Ken.

With the evaluation license of Immersive Display PRO, you can run the plugin with up to 6 views for 30 days.
You can download and install Immersive Display PRO and star the 30 days evaluation period automatically.

Nikola

Kennair

Quote from: ngidalov on October 17, 2013, 06:33:54 AM
With the evaluation license of Immersive Display PRO, you can run the plugin with up to 6 views for 30 days.
You can download and install Immersive Display PRO and star the 30 days evaluation period automatically.

Nikola

Ahhh thanks Nikola, I didn't know there was that option.  I'm using 42" LCD's so have no need for warping software hence haven't looked at your application.  I'll definitely give it a go. 

As I said I feel 150 Euro is pretty steep to get this option alone considering I would have no use for the warping part but then again cheaper than buying 2 extra computers.  I wonder however if you wouldn't consider selling it as a separate option for the large number of users with triple flat panel monitors?

Ken.

RayS

I am curious in Immersive Display because I want to get into a 3-projector setup in X-Plane, but without the additional cost of adding 2 more super-computers to my sim. And I don't want those weird fish-eye artifacts at the left/right edges of my display. Can Immersive do this?

If I have to upgrade X-Plane or something else I am open to that but.. not 2 more workhorse computers...
Ray Sotkiewicz

737SimGuy

Hi,

I am using IDP and the "MultiView" plugin in my 3 projector setup and I love it. I have 180 degree view now with no distortion. I did adjust my rendering settings (I7 with GTX580 video card), but with very small compromise of eye-candy I am getting 20-60FPS depending on the scenery. LAX and SFO scenery still looks great and 20 FPS works for me.

Much cheaper than three computers IMO. An excellent compromise. I am really enjoying the view.  ;D

James

rhysb

Quote from: 737SimGuy on October 23, 2013, 06:36:22 AM
Hi,

I am using IDP and the "MultiView" plugin in my 3 projector setup and I love it. I have 180 degree view now with no distortion. I did adjust my rendering settings (I7 with GTX580 video card), but with very small compromise of eye-candy I am getting 20-60FPS depending on the scenery. LAX and SFO scenery still looks great and 20 FPS works for me.

Much cheaper than three computers IMO. An excellent compromise. I am really enjoying the view.  ;D

James

James,

Are you running HDR on or off?

I have a similar machine and I am quite "safe" with my rendering settings but get nowhere near those frames!!

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

ZMaverick

I'm currently using the Fly Elise-ng Multiview plugin for X-Plane 10 (64-bit). The image looks great, but the framerate impact is significant. I'm trying to find ways of increasing performance so I can increase the rendering settings and make the image look nicer (I like scenery that actually looks like real-world stuff and not just fuzzy blobs of color).

My current setup is running Multiview with four views. I get about 25 FPS with all around low rendering settings. Very high rendering settings yields about 3 FPS. Turning off the Multiview gives me 60+ FPS with low rendering settings and 20+ FPS with high rendering settings. I have a multi-core processor, but X-Plane only really uses single thread (despite the fact they claim is supports multiple cores, the multi-thread support is only for loading the scene). Since the CPU is my bottleneck, can anyone recommend options for increasing performance??

MartinMoerman

Zmaverink,

Sorry for my late reply but i just joined this forum.

On your results. Do you use a triple head unit or two graphic cards in the pc ? cause that will have a big impact.

On the thread part I am a bit surprised. although your post was from april 2014, maybe that has been resolved already in newer xplane versions.

can you give us an update, so we all learn from your experience !

thnx
Martin

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate