Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
109 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Real Harrier sim, voice comms help needed

Started by Adam, January 10, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Hey guys,

For my final year project at university, i'm converting the forward cockpit of a Harrier T.4 jet into a flight simulator using Arduino and X-Plane, I've currently been able to design and program all systems however i'm having big problems finding out how to design a voice comm system.

One of the requirements for the sim were to have an exterior instructor station mounted outside the cockpit, and to enable communication between cockpit and station i require some kind of voice comms through two headsets,

Does anybody have any advice about how i would go about designing or even purchasing a system if such a system exists?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Adam

navymustang

My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

the comms in Harriet do not function like a normal commercial aircraft which no doubt you have discovered by now

if you are looking for direct comms i.e voice between instructor and student then go with previous reply .. however if you are looking to use IFF TACAN which along with others are tied into the "comms" you have huge job ahead of you

jackpilot

Cheap and easy
[ebay]173091513040[/ebay]

[ebay]142650633224[/ebay]

[ebay]273016280027[/ebay]

Jack

Adam

Thanks for the responses guys, all of the mentioned are great however I'm looking for something more along the lines of connecting two standard pc headsets to produce a two way voice communication system, fsx dual sounds perfect for what I need with the exception that due to university funding I'm unable to purchase any product from outside the eu, does anybody have any advice on an alternative method?
Thanks
Adam

P.s I've attached a few photos of the harrier in its current state... unfortunately it wasn't down to me when choosing a digital cockpit as apposed to a more realistic looking harrier cockpit!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate