Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
267 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 273
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Post Your Pit!!!! 1000 Member Show and Tell

Started by dharrison, August 30, 2011, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Awesome Jack. Looks really good. I especially have to strongly agree with your selection of FS9. I only changed because I wanted slow frame rates and less scenery. But I can at least say my less scenery has moving cars lol.

I wonder why Warrens avatar is now in the smiley list. This is new.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

LORENZO

Hi all
started off with the saitek stuff in the first sim, but now started SIM SHED
its gonna be tight but looking good.

fsx
i7 something quick
loads of stuff from cockpitsimparts
seats off of ebay £10

fsaviator

Quote from: Trevor Hale on July 15, 2015, 05:35:08 PM
I wonder why Warrens avatar is now in the smiley list. This is new.

Trev

My Avatar is on the smiley's list?  Am I immortalized as a smiley?
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

navymustang

My 737 NG (BBJ or 800) is nearing completion.  Visual system goes in next month.  It will be a 200 x 45 degree field of view system with three short throw projectors.  That means cleaning out much of the remaining 3-bay garage  :)
The overhead assembly is nearing completion.  The window line on the shell had to be cut and made into a convertible top for removal.  This allows moving it out of the garage one day when I move, or sell it.
This is basically a Sismo Solutiones cockpit running Prosim on P3D.
The cockpit is fully functional including stick shakers, full throttle quad functionality, and with a hybrid audio system that includes vibration transducers (ButtKickers) in the seats.
It is a 100% scale cockpit which meant lots of custom LCD placement and custom sizing.
Not shown yet are the circuit breaker panels under construction which are on hinged removal panels that fold rear-ward when not needed for training.  They have actual 737 circuit breaker panels in place (non-functional).
Hope to have it complete by middle of next year.  The device will be capable of FAA Level 4 certification as an AATD. Visitors are welcome when in Orlando.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

mickc

Quote from: navymustang on October 27, 2015, 05:49:15 AM
a hybrid audio system that includes vibration transducers (ButtKickers) in the seats.

Looks great James!

interested to know how you mounted the Buttkickers to the Ipeco seats?
I have just done mine, but always interested in alternate approaches :)

stephenbalmer

Looks very nice James and a good reason for me to golf in Orlando next year!!

Can you tell me which screens you have used (make and model) for the MIP displays - PFD and EICAS?

Many thanks,

Stephen.

727737Nut

Pics don't do it justice, looks way better in person!
737 Junkie

Izzy Ocal

G'day just started my 737 pit, I used to fly these 5 years ago.

Izzy Ocal

Trevor Hale

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ChrisKLAS

My new FDS 744 is coming together nicely thanks to PSX, XP10, Natvis Simulator Displays, and the expertise of Jon Boe. Not sure what sort of sorcery Nat used to produce a perfectly seamless 202FOV XP10 wraparound view, but it's absolutely stunning! There are still lots of software kinks to get worked out and input/output assignments to be completed, but that's half the fun, right?

Nat Crea

Absolutely beautiful Simulator and a pleasure installing the visual system  Chris!
X-Plane rules!

Nat

navymustang

Very professional - must be an absolute joy to fly. 
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

RayS

What color is the screen? I use a medium grey, but always wonder if I should be using something else...
Ray Sotkiewicz

navymustang

You may want to refer to the guide that is at this web site. They sell projection screen paint and it seems like a good product, even though I have no personal experience with it.

https://www.paintonscreen.com/cgi-bin/selector/selector.pl

Jim

jfuenmayor

Hi to all:

Here are some  some pics. of my sim. You can see the conversion of the FDS Rudder Pedals
to accommodate the PFC Yoke. Up until today, I don't have enough space for a full enclosure, so I project on a wall. I have been tempted to move it to the garage, however, this been South Florida, we have had a few, not so very pleasant experiences with our sometimes capricious weather. We once had a garage flood during hurricane Wilma, hence my reluctance to do it.

Here is a You Tube link  of the sim in action I just posted. It is a bit long because it shows the functioning of the TQ during all phases of flight, including a go around. I used three cameras. I selected Toncontin International Airport ( MHTG )  due to its short circuit and the RNP approach. It is also quite challenging.

If I can secure a space large enough inside the house other than the garage, then I will go for a full enclosure :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftRu5Two7w

JF

xplanematt

Here are some current pics of the Sabreliner......after getting the cockpit 100% complete except for the APU panel, I am deep into the interfacing and systems programming. It's time to dig back into the wiring harness, which means stuff must come out again.....behold, no co-pilot panel! The super-bright pic is with the original thunderstorm lights on so you can see behind the panel better...those suckers are BRIGHT! They heat up the cockpit too....... :eek:

I am tracing out the harness for the thrust reverser annunciators right now. Rather than hack right into the lovely harness right below the glareshield, I'm trying to trace the wires where they disappear behind the panel, for a cleaner and non-molested look.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, I am basically building the airplane's systems from scratch in software as I interface the cockpit. Rather than rely on X-Plane's built-in systems, I am separately simulating everything according to maintenance manuals, the AFM, checklists, input from Sabreliner pilots, and the pilot training manual (which is a goldmine). This software will then talk to X-Plane's built-in systems where appropriate. For instance, I have my own simulation of the generators (complete with their own failure modes, link to engine RPM and electrical load, and connections to the DC electrical buses), but X-Plane's built-in generator objects will be driven by the state of my generators.

I was about to dig into the thrust reverser system in my software, but then realized I need to build the entire hydraulic system first, because that's what drives the TRs! So now I am studying more, and coding individual classes for pumps, hydraulic and pneumatic check valves, accumulators, etc. It will allow for a very detailed and interesting simulation. For instance, what happens when the bleed-air check valve for the TR accumulator fails in the open position? We'll find out! :)

Matt

jr2mey

So, with a great time had by all, fellow sim addicts friends Rodney and Ray came over to my place to help get my sim one step closer to lighting off the engines for testing...

I have to add though, there was much ribbing at my expense for letting Bob beat me to switching over to X-Plane 10...

I look forward to when us three can get together again....Bob Reed, wish you could have joined us in person instead of via live streaming...
James

dreambird

Here goes! After many years of poundering the in's and out's I've decided to go ahead.This is my first post in PyP. (Post your Pit).
                 I will try to keep you inform as I go along in that project

On order with FDS : B737NG-PRO-MX-DSTD + Sim-A, with JetMax-737TQ-STD, until they start making their own motorise one for
                              wich I will trade. Links yokes and rudders from Simutabs. All equipments to be delivered in coming
                              september. Can't wait to have everything. I know I'm moving unto unknown grounds for installation
                              end of the sim.But the community + friends are there to help in. But frankly, it's frightening. From 
                              reading about all of you guy's, I feel I'm way behind in computor and electronics knowledge. I'll have
                              top notch equipment to start with. All what's left to be done is to put it together and go out flying.

tennyson

A few quick pics of my baby, taken today at Launceston, Tasmania.

She's a beautiful thing and now has a nice FDS forward overhead, thanx to Scott from CB, here.

Of course it's a 738, nearly all FDS including shell, MIP and CDU bay, liners and rear overhead.

RSP Platinum automated throttle and beautiful Sim world gauges throughout. 5 pc's, three running dedicated IG's to high def short throws on a 200 degree screen.

Avionics is Prosim and sim is P3D V 3.3.

Three years and it's finally flying. Just doing functionals now and hope to participate in Worldflight this year with my friends from New Zealand who are coming to share the flight deck.

navymustang

Nlgravity

This is my sim. A full motion 6 dof 738 that is about to become the first privately owned and operated level D sim in america!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrr16hu6X_-mnVaIGJZ5MA

737NGer

Quote from: Nlgravity on October 05, 2017, 07:32:07 AM

This is my sim. A full motion 6 dof 738 that is about to become the first privately owned and operated level D sim in america!

Very nice! Congrats on completing your project. I think you're probably the first on a global scale, let alone the US.

My goal is kinda similar to this - does your sim comply with FAA (and ARINC 610 Standards if you're using real equipment)?

If yes, are you using FSX/P3D, Xplane, or something else?

How much did it cost you to certify your sim level D?

Thanks,
Youssef

blueskydriver

Hi Nico,

Very nice setup! Simple question, what are the room dimensions; especially, what is the ceiling height requirement?

Thank you,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Nlgravity

Quote from: 737NGer on October 05, 2017, 07:41:50 AM
Quote from: Nlgravity on October 05, 2017, 07:32:07 AM

Very nice! Congrats on completing your project. I think you're probably the first on a global scale, let alone the US.

My goal is kinda similar to this - does your sim comply with FAA (and ARINC 610 Standards if you're using real equipment)?

If yes, are you using FSX/P3D, Xplane, or something else?

How much did it cost you to certify your sim level D?

Thanks,
Youssef
The registration was the simple part, a few thousand for level C and another several thousand for level D (with is pending until imhave active control loading which i will have in 4 days).
Yes, i know it is the first in a global scale but i wanted to be modest.

I use p3d v4

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate