Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:35:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
118 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Problems with Wideview or Wide Traffic with Pre3DV3

Started by ZK CWD, January 25, 2017, 01:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK CWD

Hi All.

Just want to introduce myself first. I'm in New Zealand and nearing the completion of my 737-800 cockpit.

I'm running three projectors.

A being left projector, B being the middle projector and C being the right projector.

These are working through three computers using Wide view and Wide Traffic along with Prepared 3D V3 and Prosim737.

The problem that I'm experiencing is viewing default aircraft and Orbx AI traffic aircraft traffic through the three projectors.

I will have a plane taxing on projector A towards Projector B that I can't see then I will see it on projector C.

Then sometimes I have it that I can see the plane taxi through all projectors without a problem and then have it where I can only see the plane in projector B and not on A or C when taxing or taking off.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with my setting or can perhaps help me sort it out would be much apprepricated.
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5 Pro Sim 737 WideView and Wide Traffic (curved screen), Optoma 1080GT projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, ORBX Scenery, Simworld OH panels, CDUs and Guages FDS MIP and SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCP and pedestal panels, CYP V.3 Throttle Yokes Aerosim Solutions  Pedals. Weber Seats. Flight Illusion Compass, Flap, and Brake Pressure gauges. SIOC for FMC

FredK

Hi Richard

I have been using WideView for over a decade now....these are my recommendations based on that experience....

I also have a 3 projector system.  However I utilize a separate 4th computer as my main P3D computer and as my WV server.  This 4th computer is not used for a visual display so all sliders are at minimum etc. to maximize performance.

The key advantage I have found doing it this way is that ensures perfect synchronization on the clients (the 3 projected views). That is, I have found there is a very slight lag between the server and clients which can cause discontinuities that are particularly noticeable when banking etc.

In that regard I do not use the IntelliSmooth option since all that does is slow the rendering on the server to match the clients via a bounce-back method. All that only serves to lag response across the entire system which gets frustrating regarding responsiveness to control movements etc.

I also use FSGRW for my weather distribution across the network. It downloads on the WV server and is then distributed independently from WV to the clients. Synchronization is perfect that way.  I can talk about that separately.

For AI traffic I am using MyTraffic6 (and Vipilot for VATSIM). Traffic syncs perfectly as long as you do not exceed 15-20% at larger airports.  For MT6 I have the full program loaded on my server and only the aircraft and related files manually copied to the clients to ensure that there is no confusion of which computer is setting traffic....there can be only one computer that does that of course.

And for AI traffic this is an absolute must....you must have AI traffic set only on your server.  The AI sliders on your WV clients must be set to 0, or else you will get confusion.

So my bottom line here is....(1) do not set AI higher than about 10-20% on your server, (2) make sure AI is set to 0 on your clients.  Also consider setting up a 4th computer as a stand-alone server.  Such will give you a significant performance boost and also help eliminate synchronization issues in many cases.

I have no experience using Orbx AI so it could be that there is something different you are experiencing there.

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Ridgenj

Quote from: FredK on January 25, 2017, 04:41:24 AM
Hi

I also use FSGRW for my weather distribution across the network. It downloads on the WV server and is then distributed independently from WV to the clients. Synchronization is perfect that way.  I can talk about that separately.

For AI traffic I am using MyTraffic6 (and Vipilot for VATSIM). Traffic syncs perfectly as long as you do not exceed 15-20% at larger airports.  For MT6 I have the full program loaded on my server and only the aircraft and related files manually copied to the .......

Dear Fred,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have been following this principle too but just learned something new. I have for the server and the 3 IGS  exactly the same SDD size and content. As you mentioned, at the server side for weather the sliders are at 0 and for traffic at 15%. The GPU in the server is a GTX1080  and for the IGS a GTX 1070.
Can you elaborate on what exactly and where do you put  the files of MT6 in the IGS SDD's?
This is a good time for changes since I am rebuilding my visuals.
Cheers
Luis

ZK CWD

Thank you very much Fred.

You made me one happy man this morning after making the adjustments as you mentioned.

Once I had done this I again reinstalled Orbx AI Traffic as yesterday I had taken off trying to work out weather the problem was with Orbx AI or PD3D traffic.

Made the adjustments and what do you know she is working perfectly.

I like the way you have set up your system and makes very much sense to have P3D and wide view independent to the clients.

I will soon update what I'm running on my system on the Cockpit Builders website.

Thanks again Fred I will pass this on to another friend of mine who is having the same problem and he too will be very happy.

Hope its not to cold over your way at the moment.

Take care

Richard :idiot: :idiot:
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5 Pro Sim 737 WideView and Wide Traffic (curved screen), Optoma 1080GT projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, ORBX Scenery, Simworld OH panels, CDUs and Guages FDS MIP and SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCP and pedestal panels, CYP V.3 Throttle Yokes Aerosim Solutions  Pedals. Weber Seats. Flight Illusion Compass, Flap, and Brake Pressure gauges. SIOC for FMC

ZK CWD

Hi Fred,

I was just wondering weather you could expand further on the following quote from your previous reply as to how you made this work.

Would really like to know how you have done this.

Since the last post I have now upgraded to 4 x computers all using Windows 10 and updated to Prepared 3D V4.

Look forward to your reply

Richard
New Zealand

FredK

QuoteHi Fred,

I was just wondering weather you could expand further on the following quote from your previous reply as to how you made this work.

Would really like to know how you have done this.

Since the last post I have now upgraded to 4 x computers all using Windows 10 and updated to Prepared 3D V4.

Look forward to your reply

Richard
New Zealand

Hi Richard,

FSGRW is very simple to setup.....there is a "network bridge" option that is built in.....there are directions in the manual that are straight-forward......

Very basically you just assign IP addresses and a common port in the FSGRW software menu "Network" tab (Tools->P3D->Network).

Also....I have recently setup my WV server and clients to run on a separate network (10.0.0.255) via dual network cards in my WV computers.  You can easily assign a network for WV that way in the WV Config menu.  I have two other computers running my avionics program (SimA). This creates increased bandwidth and totally separates the network traffic for WV from SimA.  Improves performance all around.

FSGRW is not an expensive program and is very easy to setup.  So it is worth a look!

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate