Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
136 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3d v4 ViewGroups NOW Working

Started by XOrionFE, June 08, 2017, 09:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Well, I loaded Prepar3d V4 to test and the first major issue I have run into is that the ViewGroups appear to have a bug.   I have posted my issue on the Prepar3d Support forums so will let you know what they come back with but if you rely on the ViewGroups for your multi-display visuals (projection or screen) note that there appears to be bug preventing it from working.

Please note I am not talking about setting up nvidea surround mode and simply putting up a wide front view.   I am talking about specifically using viewgroups to creat the three offset view points we normally use for a proper surround setup.

Just a heads up for those thinking of switching.

Scott

Ed

Crap eh...  Well Trevor did say to me to hang on :)   Hopefully things will get ironed out soon. I love the big 60 inch TV screen and I have an opportunity to put 4 more on layaway.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

XOrionFE

Got them working now.   Grid was on auto by default and I didnt realize it so it was causing an error on having multiple display IDs assigned.   You know what they say...RTFM. ????

Only took me two hours to figure out....it is such a clunky non-intuitive interface....

But yes, user error...

FredK

Scott

I look forward to knowing how it all performs for you!

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

XOrionFE

Quote from: FredK on June 08, 2017, 06:29:48 PM
Scott

I look forward to knowing how it all performs for you!

Fred

I have a few more tweaks yet to do.   I have most maxxed right now with Orbx and seeing frames in the 15-20 range with some light traffic and reflections turned way down but still playing with it to see what effects what.  I also need to get my AS16 working and load either AS or Rex cloud textures.   Will do more this weekend and post a video with settings, frames, viewgroups, etc

Kennair

Hi Scott, glad to see you've got it working.   

I've setup ViewGroups in both v3 & now v4 using both Mark Hargrove's and LM's instructions and have the same issue of my views flashing and resetting. With a viewgroup active I get frequent flashing of all 3 monitors with them going black briefly. If I've panned somewhere in the VC my view resets to a Forward view. This appears to happen whenever there is a texture update in the scene as I get no flashing if i'm stationary (which is not really the point of a flight simulator). In flight these screen flashes briefly show the PC desktop before coming back again.

I love the option of Viewgroups as they offer a lot more flexibility in spanning 3 views however this issue has caused me to revert back to my TH2GO.  I also acknowledge my issue could be due to some problem with video drivers or graphics card/monitors.

I wondered if you had a similar experience following on from your install and testing?

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

XOrionFE

Hi Ken,

Good to hear from you!   

Well, I've not had any of the issues you describe with flashing.   I ran viewgroups on 3.4 ever since I first installed it and never had any issues at all.    My main issue on v4 was that i some how had grid set to auto.  Once I removed that it is fine.   I dont get any flashing issues.   My guess would be there is a video card setting or version issue in your case.    What card are you using?   I could also share my Nvidea settings for Prepar3d though I dont recall changing too much there except maybe performance mode set to multi-monitor and power mode set to max performance.

Kennair

Yeah I suspect a video or driver issue also.  I've tried several drivers and currently on 382.05 but none made a difference.  I'm running a GTX980 4Gb into 3 x 42" LCD TV's.  They are cheap Kogan TV's so this could also be an issue.

Oh well when is this hobby not filled with chasing issues and reconfiguring???!

Cheers,

Ken
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

a340-th

I just came across this looking for something else.

I, too, had the problem with the flashing screens and view resetting and it almost drove me crazy when it persisted even after I updated to V4.

In the end, I found that FSUIPC's Autosave was the reason - switched it off and the problem was gone. As I do not want to do without I have now set it to 5 min so it does not really bother me anymore.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate