Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
99 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 121
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

XP11 GTN750 Integration

Started by RPPerry3, December 13, 2021, 10:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPPerry3

I'm planning out my KA350 build (XP11 AFL 350) at this time.  I'm trying to find the best solution for a touchscreen RXP GTN750 with lowest affect on my system. I'd like to use my Windows 10 or Android Tablet if possible, and trying to see what other builders have used with little impact to their system.  I'm running the Scenery on one system and my cockpit hardware on a second.

I've tried Spacedesk and popping out the screen but it hits the FPS rather hard in testing. 

Cheers,
Perry

Trevor Hale

Quote from: RPPerry3 on December 13, 2021, 10:19:16 AMI'm planning out my KA350 build (XP11 AFL 350) at this time.  I'm trying to find the best solution for a touchscreen RXP GTN750 with lowest affect on my system. I'd like to use my Windows 10 or Android Tablet if possible, and trying to see what other builders have used with little impact to their system.  I'm running the Scenery on one system and my cockpit hardware on a second.

I've tried Spacedesk and popping out the screen but it hits the FPS rather hard in testing. 

Cheers,
Perry

Have a look at www.realsimgear.com  From what I have seen, This is the best out there, and surprisingly affordable. 

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

FSAddon_boss

I bought the RealSimgear GTN750 a few months ago, and it looks great and seems to work well. Am not seeing any hit on fps on the sim. Then again, I haven't completed the cockpit yet and currently only have 4 monitors (including the RealSimgear touchscreen), no projectors and not all USB connected yet.
But running it all on just one computer so far.

The only peeve I have with the unit is that the mounting holes are too close to the main unit's box and so require tiny holes in the panel VERY close to the edge of the opening the unit sits in. Doesn't work on a multiplex panel, only on a CNC'd metal one.
Best regards,
Francois
retired

jskibo

Quote from: Trevor Hale on January 04, 2022, 08:03:08 AM
Quote from: RPPerry3 on December 13, 2021, 10:19:16 AMI'm planning out my KA350 build (XP11 AFL 350) at this time.  I'm trying to find the best solution for a touchscreen RXP GTN750 with lowest affect on my system. I'd like to use my Windows 10 or Android Tablet if possible, and trying to see what other builders have used with little impact to their system.  I'm running the Scenery on one system and my cockpit hardware on a second.

Cheers,
Perry

Have a look at www.realsimgear.com  From what I have seen, This is the best out there, and surprisingly affordable. 

Trev

Selling mine, happy to pass Trevor his fee if you want it
Less than 4 years to retirement......

navymustang

Here is the real issue with that equipment - when you have the compass rose displayed it is an oval. I sent that issue to the company and they didn't understand what I meant, then I sent a picture. Their answer was - oops, sorry that is just the way it is.

You would have thought they would have caught that in their QA testing.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Joe Lavery

Quote from: navymustang on January 05, 2022, 04:26:11 AMHere is the real issue with that equipment - when you have the compass rose displayed it is an oval. I sent that issue to the company and they didn't understand what I meant, then I sent a picture. Their answer was - oops, sorry that is just the way it is.

You would have thought they would have caught that in their QA testing.

Hey NavyMustang, I finally replied to you PM...
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate