Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:08:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
167 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSWeekend 2009

Started by Trevor Hale, November 06, 2009, 04:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

As many of you know, Fsweekend 2009 starts Saturday November 7th (Tomorrow) and runs through Sunday.  For those of you who are lucky enough to venture to this show, please gather lots of information for us unlucky folk that are stuck in the Northern COLD Tundra of Canada... Errr I mean those of us unable to attend.. :D . We will all be waiting eagerly to hear what you have to share with us when you return.  Most importantly though, we wish you all a safe drive/flight/walk/train/ adventure.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ian@737ng.co.uk

thanks trevor......
off in the morning 0430  :'(     leave it with me, loads of info coming up monday.
look forward to meeting everybody  ;D
rgds ... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Bob Reed

Hessel Oosten

Till Tomorrow Everyone !

++++ FUN++++

Hessel

PaulEMB

Hi all,

Got back (to Belgium) an hour ago from spending the afternoon in Lelystad. It was my first visit, and I have to say I found the museum more interesting than the FS event.

This is probably because as I am building neither a Boeing or an Airbus, and there was a distinct lack of anything else, apart from the trusty C172.

Nevertheless, I met a few old friends, including Dieter Jakob, and his wife. Dieter has now retired from Lufthansa, and will be spending more time developing new products.

More than 50% of the event is dedicated to Dutch clubs, and AVSIM type organisations. There was an impressive array of new hardware on display, including some new suppliers, and an expanded range from existing ones.

Spanish suppliers OpenCockpits and Sismo had some interesting hardware on display, at reasonable prices.

I was sorry I had to drive back to Gent, as I have a feeling that the social side would have been of more interest, but maybe next year....

I'm sure Ian will give us a better review on Monday, and look forward to other contributions - at least the visit fired up my enthusiasm to get started on the ERJ again - there's not many of us about!

Best Regards,

Paul

Best regards,

Paul
www.erj145sim.net

Boeing Skunk Works

Thanks for the report. I'd probaby feel the same as you about attending the event.

I'd have more fun at a boneyard. ;)
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

ivar hestnes

I am looking forward to see some pictures :)

waiting and waiting  ;D

Bob Reed

Waiting and waiting.. Come on Paul get that ERJ back together!!

PaulEMB

Guys,

I posted a pic in the gallery from today, but cant figure how to put it in the post
G

Paul

Best regards,

Paul
www.erj145sim.net

Trevor Hale

Great Paul,  I added it for you.  what you do is, when viewing the picture in the gallery, right click it and select "copy image location"

Then in your post press the icon beside the "RED FLASH ICON" and paste the image location there.

Thats it.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

JWS

I attended yesterday and it was great to meet a lot of other builders that are famous (or should I say "infamous" ;D), even had the pleasure to meet the great Pete Dowson. Spoke with a lot of vendors and had a chance to introduce my wife to some of you guys.
Furthermore saw my TQ (from Revolution) being showed (off) and I will be getting it next week.

Pitty that the round table discussion organised by the Dutch KLM VA wasn't what we had hoped for. Only few people showed up (they must have known I was coming) so we called it a day and had a private chat ourselves.

Grtz.

JWS

Trevor Hale

Glad to hear you had a great time.  It is great that you got to meet so many wonderful people.

Sorry to hear that KLM's Round table discussion didn't go as planned.  that is a bit disappointing.

Regardless, thanks for letting us know about your trip.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

pdpo

Hi Paul,

if you enjoyed the museum more then the FS event then you went to the wrong place.
Lelystad is worlds largest fs event in a rather small aviation museum while the 'mondial de la simulation' in 'le bourget' is a rather small FS event in the huge aviation museum.
Got my point!
That museum is really worth visiting at half price of lelystad if I can remember correctly. From Gent it must be almost the same distance to Le bourget.
From my place (about 25 minutes to the gent expo) I drive to le bourget in about
3h15.
Greetings Peter

fly_ebos

I had a great time yesterday.

My mine objective was to see and speak to the cockpitbuilding people, and I got away all excited about the near future. The guys from Revolution Simproducts were really nice guys with an awesome TQ (expecting mine within a week). Bart from FlightDeckSoftware gave us a really good look at his software, being demonstrated in an FlyEngravity desktop setup.

But I got the most excited with FlyEngravity. In partnership with CPFlight they'll bring out plug&play modules for the MIP and overhead, no soldering required anymore. And a single seat device is planned aswell.

I spoke to the people of Sim Construct about there cockpit overhead frame. It look really sturdy, although pricy. There upcoming rudder panels felt 200% real.

All in all a good 2 hours of fun!

ian@737ng.co.uk

hi captains........
had a bit of grief uploading photo's of the weekend, but uncle trev's sorted it now, love him  ;D
cant find a dedicated section for meetings or gatherings, so put them in an album.
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=43
just want to say thanks to everybody who i met and for the great time.    for me, it's not all about cockpitbuilding, it's a great opportunity to check out people and fresh ideas.   to meet friends old and new and catch up.
fourth time i've been and it's as enjoyable as ever  ;D
hope to see you all again next year.....
regards from wales....  ian

Boeing Skunk Works

Wow Ian, thanks for the photos. It's nice to put a face with a name.

Looks like you all had a good time.

Who is selling just the forward window frames?

ian@737ng.co.uk

hi mike.......
Engravity had a full flightdeck on show and included were the 'prototype' aluminium windshield/side window frames.    absolutely excellent.   my mate alan watson saw them and bought them there and then.  don't know about 'prototype', they looked pretty dam* good to me.
not sure when they will be in full production, your best bet is to ask Stef, he'll know for sure.......
rgds ... ian

jackpilot

Thank you Sir.
Nice to see all these smiling faces....for those who could'nt attend.
Jack

Jack

rhysb

Top photo's Ian, good to see you again and hope your enjoying the new map panels  :laugh:
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

ian@737ng.co.uk

hi rhys........
that's a real cute cockpit you're sat in on your avatar  ;D
the pleasure was all mine.   you and phil were real fun and that's what it's all about  ;D
so the photo's are just a reminder of a great weekend.
i have to admit, the map light panels are still on my desk, i'm trying to find time to rip out the pit to
fit the new TQ, but things keep getting in the way   :(   however i did get round to fitting the DZUS fittings - WOW ordered 50 more  :)
however, last visitor of the year is in 11th december, so i'll start then and hope to get most of it done before christmas.
have a great evening and if i dont speak to you before the hols, have a great christmas as well.
regards from the welsh borders.....   ian

Trevor Hale

Quote from: ian@737ng.co.uk on November 23, 2009, 02:03:41 AM
that's a real cute cockpit you're sat in on your avatar  ;D

Cute? ???  Cute???   :love Not sure that is much of a compliment towards you Rhys?  LOL  I doubt I would ever refer to anyone's cockpit as cute..  Although Ian may be referring to his cockpit here, as I am guessing your sitting in his?

You and phil were real fun and that's what it's all about  ;D

Are you sure Ian??  Or is this just the  :cheers: talking....?  I happen to think anyone is fun if you drink enough.. Not that we need to talk about alcohol...  Wait..  or do we?
so the photo's are just a reminder of a great weekend.

Ian needed the pics to remind him where he was and how he could find his way back to his hotel room...  Right Ian?

i have to admit, the map light panels are still on my desk, i'm trying to find time to rip out the pit to fit the new TQ, but things keep getting in the way

Hmmm..  LOL In other words, this missus has been running him ragged, and he hasn't had the nerve to tell her it is his turn to play with his new toys...   8)

however i did get round to fitting the DZUS fittings - WOW ordered 50 more  :)

LOL.. Good show Ian, They must be of top quality for them to be installed before the new TQ..

however, last visitor of the year is in 11th december, so i'll start then and hope to get most of it done before christmas.

Well it is always important to have goals..  Good luck with that..  This time of year with all the Milk and cookies...  Erm..  Rum and Eggnog, where oh where will you get the time?

LOL..  Ian, Just pulling your chain..  I am so glad you guys all had such a laugh at the show..  If I can swing it, perhaps I would like to ride with the UK group..  Everyone knows Breakkie with the group is the best part of the whole trip.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

rhysb

Haha cheers Ian. I will try and get up to see you before the 11th then!! Cute cockpit hehe yeah it was a good day!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

ian@737ng.co.uk

hi guys.........
yes it was a great weekend.........uk posse were well behaved and great fun as always.
hopefully joe lavery will join us next year (he is talking about it).   and trev, if you get over, you would be more than welcome to join us. 
DZUS fastners fitted because they only took an hour to drill and tap.   TQ means stripping out the
cockpit and is going to take me a week because i've got some maintenance to do as well  :( 
but, i've got it hooked up to the Test Rig so i can just sit there and watch it working  ;D
and rhys, anytime you're near, give me a call......real world pilots teach me so much and it always helps when you have fun in a 'cute' cockpit  ;D
regards from the welsh borders.....   ian

Boeing Skunk Works

That goes all the way back to my thread about "Who actaullay fly's their sim" some weeks ago.

A lot of of us are flying them, but are we flying them correctly? I mean, we spend tons of money of these things that wives just roll their eyeballs at, and (unless they know better) real aluminum tube pilots think we're just playing airline pilot for a few hours at a time. And unless we are doing it right, I think we're wasting our money.

Do we use the performance charts, plan the flight; the way it's supposed to be, and can we really fly the damn airplane? That's my biggest question I really want to know the answer to. I see a lot of videos on U-tube, but I don't see a lot of airmanship or procedure, or even getting the aircraft down in one piece had it been a real landing. I see being about 20 miles behind the airplane, procedural errors, goss incompetance, innattention, complacencey, etc, etc.

Am I alone out there in the cockpit world? Or am I just too 'ate up' with trying to fly this 727 out of my basement to Munich? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Trevor Hale

I agree with you Mike,  1/2 the fun is learnign to do it as correctly as we can.  Fortunately people like Ian, have the extra advantage of real pilots near him.  For me, its not so easy..  That's one reason why I do so much reading.  The hardest part is that every airline has a different SOP, and based on that SOP..  It is hard to say what a pilot does is right or wrong. 

Until I figure out if what I am doing is right, I will just keep having fun, cause really that all I want to get out of it.

Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate