Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:58:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
102 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 102
Total: 102

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FS2020 Manual

Started by Joe Lavery, August 22, 2020, 08:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hi all,

I haven't found a manual anywhere yet for this new FS, but I did find a list of keyboard controls which might help if you'd like to print them out (4 pages).
I converted them to a pdf which is scalable but if anyone wants just the text file drop me a PM.

Also a guy on YouTube suggested to use an Xbox controller to control the drone, and what a revelation that is. Windows 10 recognised it instantly and it's a dream to use as it's already configured by FS.

I got the controller from Amazon, it's not a genuine one which would be quite expensive, but it's beautifully made and works great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0886GTMM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that's some help.
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

FredK

Joe - Thanks for the tip on the X-Box controller.  That will be a great way for me to "play" with MSFS2020 on my personal computer separate from my sim.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Vincent T.

Yup, I have been using the Logitech F310 wired controller, does the job, but I assign only the minimum to the controller, something I don't want to take my hands off to do the operation kind of stuff, for everything else, Keyboard and mouse!

Joe Lavery

It's my first time using an X-Box controller, I've never bought a Console, well not since the Amiga 500...
What I liked was that MSFS configured it completely as soon as I installed it. So it was just a matter of learning the controls, then it becomes quite intuitive.
Because I need to take lost of screenshots for the mag, it makes my life a lot easier. You can travel hundreds of miles away from the plane if you want to. You can also enter the Lat Long coordinates and MSFS will drop you over that location.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate