Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:10:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
471 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 483
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 471
Total: 471

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Howdy All

Started by geeman47, June 24, 2014, 03:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geeman47

Hello all.  My name is George Bowman and I am new to this community.  I've been lurking about for several months, learning, reading and researching.  Thank you all for a great community and a great place to learn about home cockpits.

I am a retired FAA ATC guy, 23 with the FAA and another 4 as a USAF Controller.  Real world PPL but due to health issues I can no longer fly.

I am going the easier route to building a cockpit due mostly to space constraints as well as being retired on a strict budget I'll be purchasing a JetMax cockpit including the overhead panels. Going to supplement those items with a PFC yoke and probably a Weber or Ipeco Seat. 

If any of you have any Jetmax cockpit I'd be interested in what you have to say about them.  I already have a Jetmax Throttle Quadrant and am very pleased with it. 

I look forward to exchanging messages with you guys and just want to say again, thank you for an outstanding community to learn and share ideas.

George 
HR Director: NDBAir NDBAir.com Virtual Airline

JetMax 737 NGX
Atari 800 XL  powering Sim Avionics Computer and Atari ST powering the FSX Computer

jackpilot

Welcome aboard George.
You will now be at the receiving end of ATC if you fly Vatsim or any other Live ATC. :D
Transitionning from GA aircrafts to a nice airliner like the JetMax will be a very pleasant way to continue flying.
Jack

Jack

HarryZ

Hi George.....welcome to the forum.

A friend of mine has the Jetmax and I've flown it a couple of times...excellent cockpit when you have space restrictions.  It just works well as the SimAvionics software does such a good job.  You don't be disappointed.

Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

geeman47

Thanks for the welcome Jack & Harry.  I'm no stranger to VATSIM ATC, I've been flying on-line for about 9-10 years I believe.  I did like the ATC on Pilot Edge, good controllers in general.

I've pretty much flown Boeing's since I started flying on-line, and the B738 has been my aircraft of choice and the PMDG NGX as well as the 777 are my favorites.  So no stranger to ATC and flying the (Simulated Airliners), I am no expert by any means but I read about everything I can on it, have taken the Angle of Attack training for the NGX, 777 and MD-11 and truly love this hobby. Have several real world flights up from (Post 9/11 when ATC was allowed to ride in the cockpit)

Enjoying the JetMax, I am space limited so it has worked well, taking up most of my approx 12x 15 den LOL. 

Great to be here, look forward to chatting and meeting a few of you guys.

JetMax 737 NGX
Atari 800 XL  powering Sim Avionics Computer and Atari ST powering the FSX Computer

Trevor Hale

Looking forward to meeting you George.

Glad to have you here!

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

geeman47

Happy to be here boss!

Look forward to meeting you Trevor and as many of the guys (maybe ladies too) at World Flight.

George

JetMax 737 NGX

Sam Llorca

Is always a pleasure to have experience people like you on our team,  you are welcome George.

Cheers,
Sam

ETomlin

Hi George. Welcome to the club. You will be very hard pressed to find a better host than Sam Llorca. He and his family are wonderful.

I wanted to let you know that I just sent you a Private Message about a seat not too terribly far from you in Texas that is like-new for your 737 project. Details are in the message.

Best,
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

geeman47

Thanks Sam and Eric. 

Looking forward to meeting you at Worldflight Sam and see your "Baby"  Mike Sherick speaks highly of you and the guys. 

Eric, Thanks for the PM and the thought, just replied.

Just some added info for you guys and let me know if I should post this elsewhere. 

I have the JetMax Cockpit with Throttle Quad, Overhead (Should be here any day now), 737 Capt. side seat, PFC 737 Rudder and Yoke.  3-40" Sony monitors for the visual.   I can post the fine details of Computer Specs somewhere else I'm sure.  Should I start a new Thread or something for that?

I really appreciate the warm welcome guys.

George

JetMax 737 NGX

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate