Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:07:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
484 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 484
Total: 484

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New here.

Started by Daren, December 01, 2014, 07:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

By way of an introduction, my name is Daren and I reside in Surrey BC, Canada. I am 48 years old and have been an aircraft mechanic for 25 years. In addition, I am a private pilot. This summer (2014) I purchased a 727 cockpit section in hopes of turning it into a flight simulator. The only things that I have accomplished so far, is to get it into my garage and the initial inventory of items that came with the purchase. I look forward to any help that this group can provide.
Sincerely,
Daren

Trevor Hale

Congrats Daren,  working with a real aircraft is one heck of a challenge, one I know all too well.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress. 

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Hi Daren

We have a few members here, in Canada and the US going the same route.
They may chime in and help you start right.

(Just put your two hands on her nose and tell her that she will fly again... ;)  )

Jack

blueskydriver

Hi Daren,

Welcome to the party! You'll find all kinds of "Cockpit Builders" party animals here; you know the chilled and laid backed type guys, and then the throw it on the dance floor types! I am sure you will have fun here...

Speaking of fun and B727 Cockpits. The one I have out next to my driveway still, after 4 years now, I am getting in my van in the next hour to drive across Wisconsin to pickup a large cutting wheel saw. The type the aircraft salvage guys use. I found it on www.publicsurplus.com for an awesome price. The plan is to cut mine down next spring; it still has the bottom yet.

Speaking of which, yours must have the bottom cutoff, if it's in your garage already. Also, where did you get it? How about posting some pictures? We all love pics around here.

Again, welcome to the club...uh, website...lol!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate