Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:23:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
128 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 128
Total: 129

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

B777 thottle quad added to the line up!

Started by Aerosim Solutions, April 05, 2010, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennair

One word - "F*#WKD"!

Love that box taking shape too.  Can't wait to drive it :)

Remember pix for the website.

Ken (happy chappy).
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

DarrylH

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on May 03, 2010, 07:37:22 PM

Every piece has been made on the CNC mill apart from the turned pieces. I really want to complete this one without handmade parts.

Lazy b4$t4rd  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Looking great mate!

Trevor Hale

Wow..  that is looking great..  Can't wait to hear how it drives.  Keep us posted.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Aerosim Solutions

Last night I cut out the fuel panel and clear backing plate for the switches ready for painting and engraving. I can't believe how big this monster is! It's true scale at 280mm wide.

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Trevor Hale

Looks Great Gwyn..  Very nice indeed.
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Yep, mine looked big too and  is only 240mm (9"1/2) , but I do not have te two extra levers on the left as in the 777.

Jack

Kennair

To make good use of the extra width of this monstrosity Gwyn has cleverly installed a small tap from which will flow bourbon after a successful autoland  ;D :o

What more could a pilot need?

Ken. :cheers:
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Trevor Hale

LOL  can't wait to see that picture..  :)
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Aerosim Solutions

Hi all,
This weekend I've painted and engraved the fuel panel in grey as per Ken's requirements! I've added the 'generic' spring loaded flap lever which works great. The potentiometer drive has also been added. On the other side of the quad the speed brake lever and pot drive is installed, this has a large spring applying side loading for friction which is the same on the flap lever. Next I will be making the trim levers and when these are in place I will be able to start on the top covers and light plates to finish it off.

Cheers Gwyn
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Boeing Skunk Works

Heck of a piece of engineering Gwyn. Looks great!
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Kennair

And I can tell you that flap gate is a true marvel of machining.

Ken.

DarrylH

Aerosim Solutions

Hi all,
I completed the trim levers and speedbrake this weekend. The trim handles were a nightmare to make but now I have patterns completed I am going to have a go at molding them later this week. I hope to announce the availablilty of the B777 TQ handles soon! Ken's TQ is mechanically complete and I just have to put the top covers and lightplates on. This one will be another one that will be hard to part with, at least I'll get to fly it, Ken lives about 10km away from me...

Cheers Gwyn,

Kennair

Those knobs look spectacular Gwyn, they're the oddest shape so good on you for machining them.  I like the return spring mechanism you've come up with too, most ingenious.  Can't wait to wrap my tendrils around them.  I think I'm going to have to enlist the support of some of Perth's sim builders (Wes, Greg, Darryl?) to get this baby off you.  Maybe we could have an official handing over ceremony and record it for this website? lol.  ;D

Ken.

Aerosim Solutions

Hi all,

I've now completed all of the mechanical work and it just needs the top covers fitted, lightplates painted and engraved. It also needs the micro switches fitting to the trim levers. The speed brake lever drives a pot and it has a detent at the 'armed' position. My next molding mission will be doing the trim knobs, these were a bit tricky to make, I wonder why Boeing chose such a weird shape! My mate who is a B777 training Captain told me both levers have to move at the same time to make trim adjustments but they are only used if the trim switches on the yokes fail. He said my throttle movement and friction setting is "Perfect" so I have approval from the real deal! I can almost taste the Wild Turkey Ken!!!

Cheers, Gwyn

DarrylH

Looking great Gwyn!!

Ken, I'll distract him with the Wild Turkey and you bitch slap him!! We'll get the throttle one way or another*G*

Kennair

Quote from: DarrylH on June 14, 2010, 10:48:14 PM
Looking great Gwyn!!

Ken, I'll distract him with the Wild Turkey and you bitch slap him!! We'll get the throttle one way or another*G*

Lol!  ;D :cheers:

jackpilot

Ken... (Gwyn will hate me..!)  ask him to make these caps for the fuel switches!!! pretty sure he can make it.
BTW those two switches MUST be heavy duty ones with the on position locked.
Jack

Jack

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: jackpilot on June 15, 2010, 08:12:46 AM
Ken... (Gwyn will hate me..!)  ask him to make these caps for the fuel switches!!! pretty sure he can make it.
BTW those two switches MUST be heavy duty ones with the on position locked.
Jack

Hi Jack,
No problem to make an extra pair at the same time. I have the locking toggle switches fitted already so I have the size to bore the knobs. Do you have the diameter of your locking toggles and I'll make you a pair? I will be doing them this weekend as the TQ should be completed by Sunday night. The real thing has lights in these knobs but I'm not going there Ken, I'll give you a little torch to find them in the dark lol

Cheers, Gwyn

matta757

Gwyn,

Any chance you could give me a price quote on 2 of those fuel switches and maybe make me a pair as well? Where did you get the locking toggle switches?

Matt

jackpilot

Hi Gwyn

Nice of you but I was more pleading for Ken (lol) or Matt
I'm happy with mine and as my throttle is generic no prob not having the real look.
Thanks again

Jack

Aerosim Solutions

Ok - B777 fuel switches and knobs will be added to the available product lists soon!!!

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow (Friday) as I'm back on the B777 TQ for Ken and it will be painted at the end of the day. I hope to post pics of the completed unit on Sunday night.

On an unfortunate note for Aerosim, the T7 TQ build was interrupted when I had to make a second set of generic TQ parts for a custumer in Germany. I posted $500.00 worth of parts to Germany that didn't arrive and they have been lost in the postal system. I did not hesitate to offer a full refund or replace them despite being accused of not sending them at all. I have now sent them registered and requiring proof of delivery. I lost $580 on this transaction and this customer is clearly annoyed with me for reasons that escape me, I don't recall ever working for a postal service! For this reason from now on all parts will be despatched by registered courier at the purchaser's expense unfortunately. Peter Cos did warn me about using regular post and I have been bitten, my own fault, sorry Pete you were right!
It is a shock to have a complaint, something I never considered would happen at Aerosim Solutions and I'm surprised that someone would complain to the only supplier in the world of a particular component, go figure! I do try to keep my charges to a minimum but I won't cut costs by using regular post again. I still hope the first set of parts I made will eventually show up somewhere, the TQ based is engraved with "Aerosim Solutions" so I hope some postal worker may have the decency to contact me via my website.

As always Aerosim Solutions will be a loyal supplier of top quality components, information and openly shared design ideas to my friends and other users of our cockpit building forums. My prime focus is still helping builders and promoting this hobby, profit is a secondary consideration. I think the reputation, quality and integrity of Aerosim Solutions is clearly spelled out in many of these pages for all to see!

Cheers,
Gwyn Perrett

jackpilot

Hey Gwyn , we all know your enthusiasm and all of us share the same vision.
Do not worry too much about one single bad experience.
Great products, great ideas, great fun.
Jack

(very happy customer)

Jack

Kennair

Gwyn,

Wow there's just no pleasing some people.  An expensive lesson but at least it wasn't a complete quad that you'd spent weeks on, not to mention the dollars.   I hope my TQ will be delivered with suitable security?  8)

See you soon mate, and be sure to get lots of great pix cos this'll be a prime focus on the website when done.

Ken.

andarlite

Gwyn

Don't let one idiot get you down. I'm sure all of your other customers are happy with and appreciate the services and goods from Aerosim Solutions. I know I am.

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate