Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:41:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
120 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 120
Total: 121

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Sim Pilot and Builder!

Started by ncska21, May 08, 2018, 06:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncska21

Hi All,

I'm Nils, I've recently joined the community as I realized maybe it could be possible to transform my small simulator setup to the full cockpit sim I always dreamt of but thought would be impossible. I live around Boston, MA and I do not have a full pilots license but I am working towards training and having a sim certainly can't hurt!

My background is in networking & commercial automation, electrical engineering has always peaked my interest but not been my specialty. Right now my plan is to use X-Plane and craft a cockpit from wood. I am going to use a mix of custom-made parts and premade. Hopefully, I can build a full 737 cockpit over time. I think I am going to go with an arduino/teensey setup for the custom made parts.

I'm still racking my brain with ideas but excited to look at all the resources here!

Thanks
Nils

awdoman

Welcome Nils, there is a wealth of information to help you along with your journey. Im fairly new also. Ive been slowly building my cockpit for the last 3 yrs now. There are alot of knowledgeable friends in this community that can assist and help you with ideas, questions, and how-to's.  Strap yourself in, and get ready. Its AWESOME ;D

Eyes to the skies

Regards,
Awdoman

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate